Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Cooperation (YGC) NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Internal Audit Officer
The Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Cooperation (YGC) was established in 1992 as a private, non-profit making, non-partisan, non-government organization (NGO). The YGC was established to honour General Dr. Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State of Nigeria (1966 to 1975) for his contributions to nation building and the cause of Nigeria’s unity. The Yakubu Gowon Centre presently operates from No. 45 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro Abuja, in a thirteen-room apartment. In consideration of the need for space to accommodate its increasing programme, the centre has commenced the development of its permanent site located at Abogo Largema Street (beside Institute for Peace & Conflict Resolution) in the Central Area of Abuja, FCT. The Centre is registered as an NGO with a Board of Trustees composed of eminent Nigerians.
The Centre seeks immediate employment of the following:-
Internal Audit Officer
Directly reports to: Head of Internal Audit
To continually review and update control for adequacy and ensure controls established are strictly adhered to and in line with the guiding objectives of the Centre. Directly Ensure Compliance in all departments
• Monthly checks the Cashier record and the Supervisor’s posting into the cash book and Pastel .
• Verifies and checks all supporting documents for purpose, beneficiary, value authorization and date
• Check and ensure that relevant processes are followed for stock requisition
• Ensure internal control measures are operating as laid down
• Ensure overview function of internal audit is spread all over the operation of the Centre
• Carry out Spot check on all movable assets including cash.
In carrying out the above functions, the Internal Audit Officer shall assist the Internal Auditor to:-
• Regularly review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting checks and balances including internal controls built into the system.
• Affirm the quality of performance at various levels of carrying out designated responsibilities.
• Ascertain that all the Centre’s assets are adequately protected and secured.
• Ensures that all incomes are properly computed and received as at when due
• Ensures that all payments are disbursed appropriately in accordance with laid down accounting procedures.
• Ensures that laid down limits of authority are consistent applied.
• Ensures that all deductions are accounted for as at when due
• Ensures that the Centre complies with all statutory and international regulations governing Non Governmental Organizations.
• Regularly seek improvements on the accounting process
• Ensure that all identified errors and/ or weakness are corrected without delay.
• Ensure that all stores items are received into the store after due ascertainment.
• Ensure that all stores cards are posted regularly and up to date.
• Submit periodic reports directly to the Internal Auditor
• Initiate periodic stocktaking of the stores and the Centre’s assets
• Carry out periodic surprise checks of the movables assets, stores and petty cash.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• BSc. or HND Accounting with relevant professional qualifications. Minimum of 3-5 years post qualification cognate experience.
• Must be computer literate
• Must have sound numeric and analytical skills
• A knack for details and Must be of high integrity
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send a one page application providing evidence of competences required for the job, with a comprehensive C.V. stating the Job Title as subject of the e-mail to [email protected].
Only qualified candidates that meet the above requirements should apply.
Deadline is 8th April 2010.
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android