Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Cooperation (YGC) NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Human Resource Assistant (Graduates/ HND)
The Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Cooperation (YGC) was established in 1992 as a private, non-profit making, non-partisan, non-government organization (NGO). The YGC was established to honour General Dr. Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State of Nigeria (1966 to 1975) for his contributions to nation building and the cause of Nigeria’s unity. The Yakubu Gowon Centre presently operates from No. 45 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro Abuja, in a thirteen-room apartment. In consideration of the need for space to accommodate its increasing programme, the centre has commenced the development of its permanent site located at Abogo Largema Street (beside Institute for Peace & Conflict Resolution) in the Central Area of Abuja, FCT. The Centre is registered as an NGO with a Board of Trustees composed of eminent Nigerians.
The Centre seeks immediate employment of the following:-
Human Resource Assistant
Directly reports to: HR Officer
Role Purpose: To continuously ensure that highly skilled, well motivated and professionally managed people are always available to actualize the objectives of the Centre; promoting best people management practice, people development and effective performance management system.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that all staff have valid contracts and job descriptions, and that they understand them
• Responsible for personnel and staff matters Implement HR deliverables.
• Prepare relevant employee statistics and update staff records
• Implement performance review and performance management for all staff with inputs from departmental heads
• Maintain Human Resource records, including staff lists, staff files and the leave register
• Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the HR Manager and HR Officer
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• A good degree or HND in personnel management or other related field in humanities
• Must be computer literate, knowledge of HR operating software very essential
• A minimum of 3 years cognate experience
• Working knowledge of Nigerian Labour law and HR policies
• Knowledge of human capital empowerment and planning would be an advantage
• Proficient with the use of Microsoft office working tools.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send a one page application providing evidence of competences required for the job, with a comprehensive C.V. stating the Job Title as subject of the e-mail to [email protected].
Only qualified candidates that meet the above requirements should apply.
Deadline is 8th April 2010.
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android