Yakubu Gowon Centre NGO Vacancy for Project Officer
The Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Cooperation (YGC) was established in 1992 as a private, non-profit making, non-partisan, non-government organization (NGO). The YGC was established to honour General Dr. Yakubu Gowon, former Head of State of Nigeria (1966 to 1975) for his contributions to nation building and the cause of Nigeria’s unity. The Yakubu Gowon Centre presently operates from No. 45 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro Abuja, in a thirteen-room apartment. In consideration of the need for space to accommodate its increasing programme, the centre has commenced the development of its permanent site located at Abogo Largema Street (beside Institute for Peace & Conflict Resolution) in the Central Area of Abuja, FCT. The Centre is registered as an NGO with a Board of Trustees composed of eminent Nigerians.
Download Job Alerts App for Android
Yakubu Gowon Centre for National Unity and International Co-operation is an NGO that has been working in about two decades to build a strong and united Nigeria. Its activities include management of international grants for health interventions. The Centre seeks immediate employment of a Project Officer.JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER-AMFM
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION: The Project Officer – AMFm (Affordable Medicines Facility for malaria) works with Project Manger and AMFm Task Force to ensure that AMFm project activities are implemented as planned and targets /deliverables are met.
• Prepare quarterly activity plan for AMFm project and ensure the plans are implemented as scheduled
• Supervise and technically support Implementing Partners (IPs) working on AMFm project
• Track project activities vis-à-vis Performance Framework targets
• Prepare monthly and quarterly activity report and liaise with M&E and Finance Department s to ensure that quarterly Global Fund reports are prepared within specified period
• Prepare work plan for Implementing Partners (IPs) and Contractors working on AMFm project and ensure IPs implement planned activities as scheduled
• Collects monthly, quarterly and activity reports from IPs
• Ensure that IPs and contractors participate effectively in quarterly PR/IP Coordination meeting
• Carry out other activities assigned by Project Manager and Programme Director
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Medical Doctor or Pharmacist with MPH or other relevant post- graduate degrees
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
• Good organizational skill with flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a heavy work load and multiple task in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
• Problem solving skills and experience of proactively identifying and addressing issues
• Excellent team worker with experience of establishing strong work relationship with colleagues from diverse professional background
• Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Epi-info will be added advantage
• Previous work experience of Global Fund project or International NGO work experience is desirable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified and interested candidates should send electronically, their application with detailed CV stating the above position as the subject of the e-mail should be sent within 2 weeks of this advertisement to:- [email protected].
Only qualified candidates should apply.