The World Bank, Abuja currently has a vacancy for Team Leader in Abuja
Duties and Accountabilities
These will include, but are not limited to:
- • Keeping abreast of the Organization’s directives on and ensuring effective processing of all project documents.
- • Using desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- • Collecting and inputting data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- • Tracking and reporting on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
- • Drafting standard letters, memos, faxes, etc. conforming to the Organization’s regional standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- • Drafting minutes of meetings.
- • Performing Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader from time to time.
- • Providing assistance in editing large documents.
- • Maintaining up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic).
- • Answering internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, taking accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and routing them to appropriate persons to handle.
- • Assisting in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- • Maintaining current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
- • Serving as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- • Excellent command of written and spoken English
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact tactfully with people of all levels.
- • Demonstrable team spirit and strong desire to actively contribute to a team’s objectives.
- • Willingness to extend his/her working hours to meet deadlines and at short notice.
- • Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.
- • Ability to work independently and produce excellent results under pressure.
- • Excellent word and data processing skills (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.)
- • Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.).
- • Minimum of two years cognate experience.
- • HND or First Degree obtained at not less than Lower credit or Second Class (Lower) grades, respectively.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here and register or login
DEADLINEDownload Job Alerts App for Android
October 9, 2009