Job # 100693
Job Title E T Temporary
Job Family Learning
Location Abuja, Nigeria
Appointment Local Hire
Job Posted 02-Apr-2010
Closing Date 01-May-2010
Language Requirements English [Essential]; French [Desired]
Background / General description
In line with its regional learning strategy, the Africa Region of the World Bank recently created a Regional learning hub in its Abuja Office to achieve the following objectives:
? Providing learning opportunities which support Regional staff to maintain and build required skills.
? Providing relevant learning opportunities which support staff to perform and achieve development results as the Bank’s business evolves, as decentralization continues and as change accelerates
? Providing learning opportunities to maintain the breath and relevance of Bank’s knowledge base.
? Developing a more innovative and strategic learning program better-aligned with the region’s key business needs.
? Providing adequate learning opportunities for locally-recruited staff.
Duties and Accountabilities
Under the supervision of the Sub-Regional Human Resource Officer, the responsibilities would include but not limited to the following:
1. Coordinate the Language and Culture Program (LCP)
• Participate in periodic vendor meetings and support programs as required
• Set up webinars and/or video-conferences; coordinate connectivity testing with participants in country office, relying on assistance from Bank’s IT help desk as needed
• Establish and manage a community of learners practice by using WBG’s Scoop social network
• Coordinate communications between LCP and Abuja country office staff and management
• Manage weekly schedule of tutoring sessions for various groups;
• Coordinate peer learning activities (i.e. lunches, BBL, etc)
• Help LCP organize tutoring observations via video-conferences
• Ensure that participants complete periodic assessment activities following LCP standards (i.e. Oral Proficiency Interviews); Ensure that all participants have access to a microphone/headset and other learning aids as may be needed from time to time.
• Run, read, and file regular reports on courses and individual participants’ level of usage following LCP standards, and ensure that everyone who needs to see a given report will receive it
• Coordinate records for Level 1 and Level 3 evaluations. This will involve primarily working with Monitoring and evaluation colleagues, but it could also include some program-specific evaluations to track trends and help program manager plan appropriate responses
• Create and manage periodic reports on usage of Rosetta Stone and follow-up communication, in consultation with Lead Trainers in the LCP
2. Workshop administration:
• Find appropriate venue for the Training in accordance with the training requirements
• Secure the venue and Vendors by getting LPOs
• Liaise with Task Team Leaders on the list of invitees and substantive programme of the event to guide event preparation.
• Book appropriate conference venue
• Organize special activities i.e. identification of appropriate activities and their organization – e.g. special dinners, entertainment (proposals for this shall be described in the refined event concept)
• Assist in outsourcing / hiring equipments needed for the training for example printers, translation equipments
• Ensure appropriate branding of the venue
• Assist in ordering of Stationary to be purchased locally.
• Prepare appropriate event packages including name tag, binders with event logo, quality pens, notebooks
• Lay out the conference meeting room
3. Training Logistics
• Organize logistics related to travel, entry visas, accommodation and rooming lists, airport transfer, in house tea-break, catering facilities, etc as may be required from time to time.
• Create participant list associated data
• Make appropriate provision for protocol and diplomatic arrangements as may be needed
• Ensure security arrangements.
• Ensure participant registration processing of registration forms (i.e. LMS registration)
• Communicate with participants regarding their participation and requirements
• Prepare and distribute all printed and digital documents
• Ensure that all the equipments are working well i.e. LCD projector, sound recording of the event
• Coordinate all the special events for example reception and closing dinners
• Ensure to schedule the Photographer for the event, press conference, opening reception
• Ensure availability of technical support during the event
• Ensure IT assistance, project fair/exhibition assistance
• Print workshop certificates
• Manage overall coordination and financial monitoring of the event
• Collect feedback and experiences, analyzing the lessons learned
• Liaise with the venue and vendors to update final billing documentation and facilitating payment with Accounts
• Facilitate pouch logistics of conference materials as necessary
• A Minimum of Bachelors degree preferably in Secretarial Studies or Office Management or Business Administration, or other relevant discipline.
• At least 3 years of direct relevant experience in a large International, service or Private Sector Organization. (Relevant hands-on experience in a reputable training outfit, professional body or consulting firm will be an added advantage)
• Proficiency in English (verbal and written) and effective time management and organizational skills.
• A working knowledge of French Language is an added advantage.
• Experience in working effectively with numbers.
• Pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment i.e. language and computer applications such as Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Typing.
• Proficiency in using advance functions of standard computer applications and adaptability to use state-of-art software.
• Knowledge of and ability to execute business processes involving diverse and work procedures related to the processing and production of assigned outputs in a timely manner.
• Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources and pulling the information together in a useable format.
• Ability to follow through on team priorities in the absence of the team leader and respond to requests for information.
• Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/disciplinary environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
Click here for details and to apply
Deadline: May 1st 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android