Intron is a health-tech startup building ASR for clinicians with African accents, helping reduce burnout from tedious documentation for already overworked doctors across Africa. Clinical Speech Recognition is ubiquitous in developed countries but virtually absent across Africa or underperforms with African accents.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Research Intern to join our team at Intron, a health-tech startup building automatic speech recognition (ASR) models for clinicians with African accents. This role is fully remote.
You will work on our mission to reduce clinician burnout across Africa by improving documentation through ASR optimized for African accents. We have created Africa’s largest clinical speech datasets with 3000+ hours of speech and 288 accents.
In this role, you will conduct research and work on ASR, text-to-speech, clinical named entity recognition, machine translation, and other generative AI tasks.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in Python
- Research experience in machine learning and deep learning (PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Background in natural language processing and/or speech recognition
- Experience with statistical analysis and experimental design
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with distributed training, GPUs, AWS/GCP/Azure
- Background in conversational agents, text generation, summarization
- Publication record in top ML/DL conferences
This is a 3-6 month internship with opportunities for part time or full-time. Compensation is up to $2000/month based on experience and availability.
How to Apply
Click Here for more details and how to apply