Vacancy for Head of a Foundation
A newly launched Foundation is seeking to recruit the head of the division. The Foundation is into social impact investing and Capacity Development Programs/Manpower development
About the Foundation
The foundation was set up to cater for the many issues revolving around unemployment, social and environmental issues, poverty, neglect for the vulnerable population, need to empower the Base of the Pyramid, building sustainable businesses, extending financial and consulting services to the under-banked and the unbanked populace of the economy. Most of these problems cannot be solved by the traditional systems we have-the banks, the MFBs, the Venture Capitalists and the Private Equity firms of the world.
The Foundation, unlike others, is concerned about teaching people how to fish and not to always give them fish for them to keep coming for more. Independence, emancipation and sustainability are our watch words. The foundation will mainly focus on providing services for women and youths.
The following services will be provided by the foundation
- Provision of micro loans
- Availment of grants and patient capital
- Social Impact Investing
- Purposeful Philanthropy i.e. community development philanthropy
- Support for businesses and Bottom of the Pyramid by providing Micro Insurance and Health Insurance to sustain their businesses in line with global standards.
- Provision of capacity development programs in the areas of business planning, business incubation, entrepreneurship trainings, manpower development etc
- Providing support and credits to agriculture and agro allied practitioners
- Facilitation and promotion of business support services as well other value added services
- Liaison between the association, the members and the foundation trustees. Strong customer Service orientation and quick response to member, non-member and trustee requests.
- Management of the Endowment Campaign, additional fundraising drives, overseeing the administration of special event at the annual meeting, Foundation accounting, soliciting university proposals for grants, preparing the quarterly newsletter, and other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Part time Foundation temporary employees as needed.
- Research, prepare and track corporate proposals.
- Administer all aspects of member and local section solicitations
- Coordinate the details of the special events at annual meeting
- Coordinate the details of the board of Trustees meeting at the annual meeting
- Staff the Foundation booth at the annual meeting and other related meetings
- Solicit university applications for grants
- Maintain accurate donor records
- Maintain Endowment Campaign records, track pledges, send reminder notices of pledges due
- Send acknowledgements of donations received; serve as staff contact with endowment team and fund raising counsel.
- Prepare a monthly accounting summary
- Write articles for newsletter.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of the newsletter.
- Maintain good lines of communication with the foundation Board of Trustees.
- Design foundation promotional.
- Must have a University Degree in any discipline
- Must have Foundation experience
- Must understand co-operative and Base of Pyramid Financing
- Must have knowledge of Micro Finance Industry
- Must be highly connected both locally and internationally
- Must not be more than 40 years of age.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected] with the subject of the message being “Application for Head of Foundation”
Deadline: 9th December, 2013
Download Job Alerts App for Android