Job Vacancy for Experienced General Manager in a Civil and Building Engineering Construction Company in Ikeja (Lagos) and Port Harcourt (Rivers)
A group of companies in the civil and building engineering construction industry has recently made strategic acquisitions intended to position the group as the leading player in the construction sector of the Nigerian economy. They wish to recruit capable and experienced personnel to fill the under listed leadership positions required to drive the group’s transformation strategy.
GENERAL MANAGER – 2 VACANCIES
(REF: BH/GM) (HE/GM)
LOCATIONS: IKEJA, LAGOS STATE & PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE.
• The General Manager will report to the Chairman and the Board of Directors for the day – to – day running of the company.
• Provide technical leadership to coordinate and deliver all projects from inception to completion,
• Execute projects within time schedule and commercial budget
• Coordinate and execute projects in accordance with design.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Suitable candidates will be civil, mechanical, building or electrical engineers with first degree in engineering discipline from Nigerian or Oversees Universities.
• A minimum of 15 years post qualification experience of which 10 years must be in a civil engineering or building Construction Company.
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in road construction, alignment, drainage and geotechnical facets using appropriate highway standards,
• Must be between 40 and 45 years old,
• Good presentation skills to explain adequately complex technical ideas to technical and non-technical audience are required,
• Experience in managing multi professional team and high sensitivity to the interest of local host communities are essential.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills are critical Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Must demonstrate versatility and creativity,
• Excellent skills in Auto card,
• The position attracts competitive remuneration and a • range of benefits that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the office,
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates are required to forward their comprehensive resume (quoting the reference number of each position) together with scanned copies (in jpeg format) of credentials and current remuneration and contact details to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be considered for interview.
Application closes not later than 8th April, 2010.Download Job Alerts App for Android