Urgent Vacancy for Group Head Fund Management
The mandate is to oversee all aspects of funds, sourcing for funding including overseeing the fund’s investment and operations, sourcing funds and investment opportunities, structuring and negotiating fund and investment terms. The Fund Manager is expected to engage in preliminary discussions with customers to develop and refine potential fund and investment opportunities and pipeline.
The candidate will focus on creating structures and opportunities capable of attracting these groups into our business. The role is supposed to help the company to achieve its vision and mission of attracting funds into the organization for continuous liquidity in the organization.
The Job Description
- Conducting markets intelligence from time to time on viable investment opportunities and recommend to Management, specific investment outlets with a view to optimizing returns on funds at our disposal.
- Structuring and Managing Treasury Instruments / Funds by ensuring that the principle of Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) is strictly upheld to avoid mismatch of clients fund.
- Generating funds from both corporate and individual clients in line with agreed individual targets.
- Constructing and rebalancing an efficient investment portfolio for both treasuring clients and the company with a view to meeting agreed returns objectives.
- Develop Products capable of attracting investments
- Ensure smooth business relationship with all treasury portfolio clients and other counterparties.
- Maintaining and ensuring daily updates of Investments Register for both money and capital markets transactions, as well as foreign exchange dealings.
- Ensuring prompt preparation of investment deal slips and letters in respect of each deposit / managed fund to be dispatched not later than 2 days after receipt of value for funds in company’s account.
- Ensuring timely preparation of investment/treasury reports for management meetings to be mailed to recipients e-mail addresses not later than 5:30pm of the day proceeding the meeting day.
- Ensure monthly preparation of accurate investment schedules and confirm agreement with investment balances in the General Ledger.
- Supervise and co-ordinate staff activities in the Treasury dept and ensure cordial relationship amongst them.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Management from time to time.
The role needs financial and analytical skills, the ability to prioritize your workload. You will also need leadership skills to liaise with and manage external agents. It’s also important that you can communicate well. They also need the following:
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Nerves of steel to make (often split-second) decisions
- The ability to think outside the box and challenge or debate ideas
- Good team working skills
- The ability to think and work independently, especially under pressure common sense.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a finance house, discount house, banks and other financial institutions with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing funding deals
- Must be highly connected. Must be able to generate funds with long tenor (at least 1 year).
- Bachelor Degree in any field with a minimum of 2:2
- Professional qualification will be preferred
- An MBA will be a plus
- 6. Strong technical skills in finance and analysis;
- Strong financial and credit skills, demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments
- Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients needs effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners, as well as senior government officials;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English etc
- Strong inter-personal and team working skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to mentor junior investment staff;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards; and
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected] with the subject of the message being “Application for Group Head Fund Management”
Deadline: 9th December, 2013
This position is very challenging with the attendant reward. Do not apply if you cannot deliver on these roles!!Download Job Alerts App for Android