University of Ibadan Job: Vacancy Recruitment for Several Teaching and Non Teaching Positions (BSc/ HND)
The University College, Ibadan, was founded in 1948. At first, it occupied the old site previously used by the 56th Military General Hospital about eight kilometers away from the ‘new’ or permanent site. The new site covered over 1,032 hectares of land generously leased by the chiefs and people of Ibadan for 999 years. With equipment transferred from Yaba Higher College, the 104 foundation students (including 49 students in teacher training and survey courses) began their courses at Ibadan, on 18 January, 1948; the formal opening took place on 25 March, 1948. In February, 1948, London University allowed Ibadan its special relationship scheme. Arthur Creech Jones, then Secretary of State for the Colonies, and an influential member of the Elliot Commission, turned the first sod at the permanent site of the University College, on 17 November, 1948, which became the Foundation Day.
University of Ibadan, Nigeria’s premier tertiary institution is recruiting for various Positions. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions in the University of Ibadan, Ibadan:
(1) Higher Technical Officer – Dept of Civil Engineering
(2) Technologist II – Dept. of Pharmaceutics & Industrial Pharmacy
(3) Technologist I – Dept. of Agricultural & Environmental Engineering
(4) Veterinary Officer – Dept. of Veterinary Teaching Hospital
(5) Agricultural Officer
(6) Agricultural Superintendents – Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
(7) Medical Laboratory Technologist II Dept. of Paediatrics
(8) Technologist II
(9) Research Nurse – Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
(10) Dental Technologist II
(11) Instrument Technical Officer – Dept. of Restorative Dentistry
(12) Dental Surgery Assistant
(13) Public Health Nurse – Dept. of Community Medicine
(14) Senior Technologist
(15) Technologist II – Dept of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
(16) Laboratory Technologist II – Dept. of Chemical Pathology
(18)Technologist II Electronics) Dept. of Biochemistry
(19)Technologist – Dept. of Surgery
(20) Research Nurse
(21) Laboratory Technologist I Institute for Advanced Medical
(22) Laboratory Technologist II Research and Training
(23) Class Teachers Grade. IV
(24) Home Economics Teacher Grade. IV
(25) Computer Studies Teacher Grade. IV – Staff School
(26) Pharmacist Grade II – University Health Services
(27) Library Officer
(28) System Analyst – Kenneth Dike library
(29) Network Engineer)
(30) Executive Officer- Multidisciplinary Central Research Laboratory
(31) Medical Officer Grade II
(32) Medical Laboratory Scientist
(33) Medical Record Officer – University Health Service
(34) Nursing Superintendent
(35) Pharmacist Grade I
(36) Engineer Grade 1111 – Electrical
(37) Senior Technical Officer – Works and Maintenance Department
(38) Higher Technical Officer – Postgraduate School
(39) System Analyst – library, Archival and Information Studies.
(40) Technologist 11- Dept. of Petroleum Engineering
Internal and External Vacancies at University of Ibadan
For Position No.1:
Candidate must possess an HND in Civil Engineering or related field. A working knowledge of Computer Data Processing and previous experience will be added advantages.
Salary: CONTISS 7 (N 1.073.217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
For Position No. 2:
Candidate must possess a minimum of the AIST Final Diploma, HND or its equivalent and must have at least three (3) years cognate experience in a Science based laboratory preferably in Pharmaceutics or Dispensing Laboratory.
Salary:CONTISS7(N 1,073,217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
For Position No.3:
Candidate must possess Higher National Diploma (HND) in Agricultural Engineering Technology from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years cognate experience. Candidate should also be familiar with common Soil and Water Laboratory/field training equipment.
Salary: CONTISS 8 (N 1.247.854.00-N 1,855,515.00)
For Position No.4:
Candidate must possess a DVM qualification, be duly registered with) the Veterinary Council of Nigeria and have a minimum of 4 years post DVM experience.
Salary: CONTISS 9 (N 1,449,363.00-N 2,109,627.00)
For Position No.5:
Candidate must possess a B.Sc. Agriculture or 8. Agriculture in any field of Agriculture (e.g. Agricultural Economics, Agric Extension & Rural Development, Agronomy, Animal Science, Crop Protection & Environmental Biology) from a reputable University.
Salary: CONTISS 7 (N 1,073,217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
For Position No.6:
Candidate must possess Higher National Diploma/Higher Diploma in Agriculture with specialization in any of the following areas: General Agriculture, Farm Management. Crop/Animal Production or Agric Extension and Rural Development
Salary; CONTISS7(N 1,073.217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
For Position No.7:
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science or specialty in Hematology and must be registered with the Institute of the Medical Laboratory Technology with at least two (2) years working experience.
Salary; CONTISS 7 (N 1,073,217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
For Position No.8:
Candidate must possess either the AIST or AIMLT, with specialization in Microbiology/Hematology Technique and possess at least three (3) years post-qualification experience. In addition, applicants must have worked preferably in a University/Hospital Laboratory for at least two (2) years.
Salary :CONTISS 7 (N 1,073.217.00-N 1,589,508 . 00)
For Position No.9:
Candidate must possess Degree in Nursing on any medical related field. He or She must have at least 6-8 years working experience in a well established hospital.
Preference will be given to a candidate with:
•active interest in Research
•at least 3 years of proven experience in Family Planning Training and Practice
• at least 3 years of proven experience in Research Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
Salary:CONTISS 8 (N 1,247,854.00-N 1 ,855,515 .. 00)
For Position No.10:
Candidate must possess B.Sc/HND in Dental Technology and must be registered with the Dental Technologist Registration Board of Nigeria. He/She must have undergone a compulsory one year internship as well as the NYSC.
Salary- CONTISS 7 (N 1.073,217.00-N 1,589,508.00)
Condition of Service:
As obtainable in similar positions in the Federal University in Nigeria.
Method Of Application
Forward applications and Cv(15 Copies) stating, Date of Birth, Marital status, state, LGA, Full qualifications, experience, names and address of 3 referees and 2 photostat copies each of their certificate to reach the Deputy Registrar (Establishments), University of Ibadan not later than 6th May 2010
Applicants are required to inform their referees to send Confidential Report on them directly to the Deputy Registrar (Establishments), University of Ibadan, from whom further details may obtained.
Applicant should indicate at the back of their envelopes the position applied for and the relevant department.
Deadline: 6th May 2010
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android