United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Vacancy for Communication Specialist
Location: Nigeria – Abuja
Purpose of the Position
You will be accountable for developing, managing, co-ordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on on-going basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support for UNICEF’s mission, priorities and programmes in the Nigeria Country Office/media hub, and at a global level and those of the UN Country Team. You will oversee the local private fundraising and partnership activities in support of the country programme
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations.
- Eight years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International and national work experience
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Has highest-level communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear.
- Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups; maintains an effective network of individuals across organizational departments.
- Demonstrates and shares detailed technical knowledge and expertise.
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives.
- Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
- Seeks and proposes opportunities for advancing UNICEF’s mission.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and gender equality in its workplace. Women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Click here for more details and application
Closing date: 01 Oct 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android