United Airlines Job: Vacancy for General Manager, Airport Operations
United Airlines is intending to fly to Nigeria and are looking for people to join our team in Lagos. We are recruiting for General Manager, Airport Operations – Lagos
Directs all operational activities to achieve company safety, financial cargo and customer goals. The general manager’s areas of accountability and responsibility include Airport Operations, and management of the service provider employees in the airport The role will work in conjunction with Regional Sales Office and local GSA to support initiatives and sales objectives.
Job Title: General Manager, Airport Operations
The role will also:
– Provide information and recommendations to all divisions and corporate organizations concerning the effectiveness of policies, plans, and programs to improve performance results.
– Participate in the development of a cost-effective annual profit plan, Provide leadership, direction and oversight to the airport team.
– Manage, mentor and coach the employees and/Supervisor.
– Direct airport operations activities, to achieve company revenue, reliability, customer and profitability goals.
– Monitors station performance, and initiates actions or changes to improve results.
– Provides information and recommendations to the region and corporate organizations concerning competitive initiatives and effectiveness of policies and programs.
– Provides budgetary oversight for vendor operations,
– Liaison with local airport authorities and airlines,
– Ensures that safety goals and initiatives are met
– Leads focus on customer satisfaction activities and ensures Initiatives are met Increase vendor employee engagement.
– Ensures that incidents of aircraft damage are fully investigated, and remedial actions are fully pursued.
– Ensures that Corporate and Divisional messages and initiatives are clearly communicated at the local level.
– Provides support to local station facilities to meet operational needs
– Fosters a team environment and embraces continuous Improvement initaives.
This position reports directly to Paris Metro Manager and requires:
– A minimum of 2 years experience as a General Manager in an airport station.
– A Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
– Demonstrated excellent communication, team building/team leadership skills.
– Ability to operate independently, self motivated and performance driven in a high pressure environment
– International experience is a plus as well as cross divisional experience.
Method of Application
To apply for any of these positions, please send a CV and cover letter to Omoyemi Odele via email [email protected] stating clearly which role you are applying for.
To submit your application online, please visit www.antal.com
Download Job Alerts App for Android
CLOSING DATE:9th Septernber 2010 at 5pm