UNFPA Job: NGO Vacancy for Administrative Assistant (Protocol) – Abuja
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), a UN organization for Reproductive Health and Population and Development has vacancies for the following position in Abuja:
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PROTOCOL)
Duty Post: Abuja
Duration: One (1) Year (renewable but subject to satisfactory performance)
Qualification & Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian national (Male or Female).
- Possess at least Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO).
- Have 3 to 5 years of administrative experience in the public or private sector;
- Have experience in liaising with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is highly desirable;
- Have experience in liaising with the Federal of Road Safety, Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) is highly desirable.
- Have the ability to interpret Government rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely.
- Possess a valid driving license and have good driving skills.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Working experience on protocol and clerical assistance within the UN is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant (Protocol) position is located in Abuja, Nigeria. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the International Operations Manager (IOM) and direct supervision of the Admin. Associate. S/he is a member of the Operations Team providing protocol, immigration, clearing, forwarding and administrative support to Abuja, Nigeria. S/he work closely with operation, programme and project staff to ensure the success on the implementation of their activities.
Protocol related work:
- Interface with Embassies and High Commissions and prepare all documents for submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Customs Exercises of processing of CC1/CC3 and others to custom offices at the airport or seaport and obtain from the Immigration Services for prompt issuance of Resident Permits. visas/ CERPAC forms and Cards for international staff of UNFPA.
- Obtain Note Verbale, visa applications of international staff and their family members, accreditation application letters, issue/renewal of Diplomatic Cards, issue/renewal of stay permits, customs clearance/ forwarding of personal household effects, registration of vehicles with Diplomatic plates, etc.;
- Arrange entry visa, air tickets and travel advances for official missions;
- Return unused Air-tickets to the Travel Agent for refund;
- Maintain Travel records to facilitate efficient tracking and monitoring of all used and unused tickets;
- Support regional events by organizing logistics of travelers including airport pick-up and drop-off;
- Provide logistic support/arrangements for meetings and training courses; Administrative related work:
- Review utility bills; Settle utility bills with MTN, GLO and other communication system bills; Handling complaints on all utility bills on the lines and post-paid lines.
- Receive and send off UNFPA local/international staff and other UNFPA sponsored participants upon their arrival and departure.
- Work together with Protocol and Immigration services at point of entry and departure.
- Maintain the official vehicle assigned. Perform minor repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good working condition at all times.
- Provide assistance to other logistics matters.
- Follow up and liaise with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on receipt and execution of all diplomatic protocol procedures till completed;
- Follow up and liaise with the Nigerian Government to facilitate Customs clearance for the importing, clearing and forwarding of personal effects of international staff;
- Follow up and liaise with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Federal Road Safety to facilitate registration of vehicles with diplomatic plates for international staff; Process of CC1/CC3 forms for imported vehicles, medical equipment, etc, for the Abuja office as well as for Project offices and Zonal offices.
- Keep abreast of changes in Diplomatic protocol requirements and inform / educate all international staff of any changes through the IOM particularly with regard to diplomatic status, entitlements and rules concerning international staff. Travel /Logistics related work:
- Interface with Travel agents in the United Nations House for procurement of tickets for UNFPA staff and other UNFPA-sponsored participants for local and international missions;
- Interface with Embassies and High Commissions for visa for staff members and other UNFPA-sponsored participants for Local and International missions;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
27th January, 2011
Method of Application
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of
application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV), attached as one file in MS WORD format only.
Applications should be addressed to The UNFPA Resident Representative, Abuja and forwarded to e-mail addresses – [email protected] latest by 27 January, 2011 and clearly marked “Admin Assistant (Protocol) – ICS 04”
Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest. Kindly also note that ONLY applications sent by e-mail will be accepted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.Download Job Alerts App for Android
UNFPA reserves the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing date.
UNFPA – Because everyone counts
Kindly note that only applications sent by e-mail will be accepted.