UNDP Nigeria NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Driver (Abuja)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operation Officer, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the UCO office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent works under the overall supervision of the UNAIDS Country Coordinator (UCC) to achieve the roles of the UNAIDS Country Office in developing and strengthening the national monitoring and evaluation system and the M&E initiatives of the Joint UN Team on AIDS. Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Senior M&E Adviser, the incumbent will provide technical support to:
1. Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by:
a) Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and
b) Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport
2. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
3. Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
5. Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
6. Ensure knowledge and ability to use all photocopying and fax machines used by UNAIDS.
7. Sorting and distribution of mail as required;
8. perform minor office moves which will include moving pieces of office furniture and PCs. Etc as and when required
9. the vehicle is garaged overnight in the official underground car park and the keys are secure;
all necessary reports are completed in connection with any accident and the incumbent must report this situation to the supervisor immediately
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license
1-2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply online
NOTE: Applications should be submitted on line and include the UNDP Personal History Form (P11) posted at http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc .
Only short-listed applicants who upload their CV using the P11 form will be contacted
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Deadline: November 30, 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android