UNDP Nigeria NGO Job: Vacancy for Driver, AbujaLocation :
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)11-May-2010
Duration of Initial Contract :1 year
Expected Duration of Assignment :1 year with possibility of yearly renewal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a motor vehicle as requested, with due regard to time schedules; apply knowledge of driving regulations, the safety requirements and traffic rules.
- Meet passengers at the boarding location; load and unload baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies.
- Make regular deliveries of parcels, documents, etc. between the organization collection locations and destinations.
- Undertake the day-to-day maintenance and cleaning of the assigned vehicle.
- Log trips, mileage, gasoline, consumption, oil changes, greasing and other servicing; deliver the vehicle to the designated garage or servicing location, monitor the work to ensure it is accomplished as requested.
- Make minor purchases and collect required goods from local suppliers on demand; collect goods from customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities.
- Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required; provides necessary information upon arrival of officials; follow up visa requests and travel documents.
- Carry out clerical duties upon request including photocopying, logistical support to the office and to UNAIDS supported meetings.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in written and spoken english is essential
Click Here to Apply Now
Deadline: 30 March 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android