UNDP Nigeria Job: Vacancy for Administrative / Programme Clerk, Abuja
Location : Abuja, NIGERIA
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)11-May-2010
Duration of Initial Contract :1 year
Expected Duration of Assignment :1 year with possibility of yearly renewal
Duties and Responsibilities
- Type materials and draft correspondence in conformity with UNAIDS templates and formats. Open, record and redirect mails and correspondences.
- Inform and remind responsible staff to follow-up dates and deadlines for response and action.
- Prepare daily and weekly agendas (appointments, meetings, events etc) for the UNAIDS office and for the UN Joint Team on AIDS.
- Arrange travel for all UNAIDS staff, including travel and security request, liaising with the airline and making bookings, hotel reservations, arrangements for drivers and visas if necessary and follow-up after the travel (travel claim in conformity with UNAIDS procedures).
- Provide secretarial and logistical support to UNAIDS supported meetings.
- Maintain the working filing system for the office on regular basis. Manage and update UNAIDS contact directory.
- Receive, asses and refer telephone and personal enquires to the appropriate staff for reply. Make appointments for the professional staff of the office, receive visitors.
- Coordinate Drivers in scheduling pick and drop off of UNAIDS staff for meetings and travel.
- Keep inventory of office consumables.
- Place quarter requisition as directed to UNAIDS HQ for IEC materials.
- Ensure that received IEC materials are disseminated to UN Agencies, Government partners, CSO, and other development partners.
- Organize telephone conferences and videoconferences as required. Assist admin / finance as required.
- Assist admin / finance as required
- Demonstrates commitment to UNAIDS mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to arrangement of meetings, office and vehicle maintenance and general administration work.
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- First level degree would be desirable but not a requirement
- 2 to 3 years of relevant administrative experience. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken english is essential.
Click Here to Apply Now
Deadline: 30 March 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android