UNDP Job: NGO Job in Abuja: Vacancy for Finance Associate
Location : Abuja, NIGERIA
Application Deadline :19-Mar-10
Starting Date : (date when the selected canditate is expected to start)26-Apr-2010
Duration of Initial Contract :1 year
Expected Duration of Assignment : 4-5 years, with possibilty of yearly renewal
Despite 10 years of uninterrupted civil rule and three successive general elections including a successful transfer of power from one civilian administration to another, Nigeria continues to face the challenge of conducting elections that meet both regional and international standards of free, fair and credible elections. Consequently, soon after his inauguration as President in May 2007, President Umaru Yar’adua made commitment to reform Nigeria’s electoral system and strengthen democratic governance. Electoral reform is currently under way, and hopefully will be concluded before the next general elections in 2011. UNDP and other donors – the EU, DFID and CIDA have initiated Democratic Governance for Development (DGD), in response to the request from the Nigerian government to assist in working towards achieving a more credible electoral process.
This initiative will enable the Nigerian Government to work closely with Civil Society Organizations and other political key players in a six distinct and inter-related programming components such as :
1. Strengthening of National Assembly
2. Strengthening of Political Parties
3. Improvement of the Electoral Process
4. Increased Capacity and Performance of Civil Society
5. Reinforcing the role of the Media
6. Empowerment of Women
DGD in Nigeria will focus on Electoral Cycle Support and Deepening Democracy within the framework of the Joint Donor basket Fund (JDBF) 2 that will support the electoral process and consolidation of democracy from 2009 -2014. The programme period will be covered for 5 years.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5 to 6 years of progressively responsible finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Click here for details and to apply
Deadline: 19-Mar-2010Download Job Alerts App for Android