UNDP / DGD Abuja Nigeria NGO Vacancy for Administrative Assistant
UNDP is recruiting for Administrative Associate for the Democratic Governance For Development Project (DGD)
Nigeria has faced long political crisis since independence. This indeed has caused a lack of democratic governance and credible elections. Political institutions have remained fragile despite the transition to democratic governance and the first transfer of power from one civilian leader to another in 2007. Under the leadership of the Nigerian President, an electoral reform commission for fundamental electoral and political reforms to consolidate democracy was then created in 2007.
This initiative will enable the Nigerian Government to work closely with Civil Society Organizations and other political key players in a six distinct and inter-related programming components such as :
- Strengthening of National Assembly
- Strengthening of Political Parties
- Improvement of the Electoral Process
- Increased Capacity and Performance of Civil Society
- Reinforcing the role of the Media
- Empowerment of Women
Democratic Governance for Development ( DGD) in Nigeria is an integral element of UNDP’s Response to this condition. With the help of donors ( CIDA, EU, DFID, UNDP), UNDP is committed to consolidate over a project cycle congruent with tow elections to work with the Government in the two upcoming elections ( 2011-2015)
The Project ( PMU) will work closely with UNDP Country Office in deepening democracy in Nigeria during the elections period. UNDP has reiterated its engagement in supporting the Nigerian Government in the reinforcement of capacity building in the objective cited above. The programme period will be covered for 5 years. In support of this initiative, UNDP is recruiting 2 Administrative Associates.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE (SB 3 – Service Contract)
Required Skills and Experience
* Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable. University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
* 3 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems
* Fluency in the English and one national language of the duty station.
Method of Application
This announcement shall be running with new openings in the coming weeks. To apply, then click on the link below. Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Click here for more details and to apply online.
Deadline: Download Job Alerts App for Android
22nd June, 2010.