Nigeria’s attempts at economic development since independence had been managed largely by the military, which governed for the greater part of the years of her existence as an independent country. The performance of the military was ineffective, resulting in stunted economic growth and a harsh operating environment which was neither conducive to private investment nor to sustainable economic development. Against the background of declining economic fortunes, it became obvious that unless urgent measures in the context of a national vision were put in place, Nigeria would never be able to realise her full potential. Shortly after he was appointed Chairman of the Transitional Council in January 1993, Chief Ernest Shonekan convened the first Nigerian Economic Summit (NES #1) in February 1993. The Summit brought together key managers from the private sector and senior government officials for a three day discourse on how to tackle Nigeria’s economic problems. The success of the first Summit and the sudden realisation that it was possible for the private sector to cooperate and dialogue with the public sector led to a wider participation in later Summits. Subsequently, a core group of participants from the first Summit developed a more formalised private sector structure, which formed the basis of the present NESG. The NESG was incorporated in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee.
As part of our effort to effectively deliver on our mandate to provide a platform for fostering open and continuous dialogue on Nigeria’s economic development, we seek to recruit experienced and motivated individuals with the right complement of technical and managerial skills to fill key positions within our management team.
Head, Finance & Admin (Ref.HFA)
Reporting to the Executive Director, Marketing & Corporate Services, the successful candidate will facilitate the development of optimal HR and financial management structures and frameworks that would support the long term growth and transformation of the organisation. Helshe will be responsible for coordinating the HR, Finance, Admin and IT support functions of the organisation.
Qualifications, Knowledge. Experience and Skills
• Minimum of a second class or its equivalent in any relevant discipline wtlh relevant professional qualifications.
• An MBA or equivalent postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of HRM strategies, systems and leading practices in human resource management I.e. recruitment, manpower planning, career management, etc.
• Significant experience developing and managing non-profit accounting, including bUdget management, compliance, and reporting.
• Good knowledge and understanding of administrative practices, principles and techniques as well as facility management policies and processes.
• Appreciation of business and information technology requirements and delivery modes.
• Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience, of which at least live (5) must have been at strategic senior management level.
• Good leadership. relationship management, communication (written and oral), presentation/facilitation, project management, analytical, problem solving, organisational skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tool
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with requisite experience should forward their detailed curriculum vitae to: [email protected] with the position and refernce number as the subject.
Deadline for submission of applications is 4th May 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android