Stanbic IBTC Bank Job: Vacancy for Credit Manager (Nigeria)
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a part of the Standard Bank Group. Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria is recruiting for a Credit Manager.
• Assisting Wholesale Business Originators in negotiating term sheets with clients ensuring that the deal structure, conditions and covenants conforms to investment banking standards and the overall credit requirements of the bank.
• Obtain relevant information from clients, conduct a thorough credit due diligence and obtain additional required research to complete a thorough credit/risk analysis of the clients business.
• Compile and present/recommend credit proposals of a high and professional standard to the Banks executive for credit approval.
• Assist the Business Originator in coordinating the deal execution/legal process ensuring legal council draft documentation that effectively represents the commercial and credit objectives of the bank.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Achievement/closure and “make it happen” orientated
• Confident effective communication with internal and external clients.
• Ability to establish a high level of credibility with relevant stakeholders/internal and external clients.
• Effective negotiation skills and the ability to influence people
• Energetic and passionate about his/her job.
• Ability to operate under a matrix reporting system
• Ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Solutions orientated
• Good culture fit and personality to fit into dynamic team
• Ability to analyze complex project finance, structured and trade finance transactions, which include strong financial modelling skills. Well proven specialist credit skills
• Track record of operating in a wholesale business environment or a proven ability to understand holistic business, pricing and capital management issues, with exposure to syndicated loans and distribution strategies (originate and sell down) a strong advantage.
• Practical understanding of the business operating and legal environment in West Africa.
• Detailed understanding of accounting, including both management and financial accounting in order to analyze the financial strengths and weaknesses of clients, and identify potential risks to credit proposals.
• Thorough understanding of wholesale/investment banking products and facilities that give rise to counter-party credit risk, including suitable mechanisms/structures, conditions and covenants to mitigate/allocate risk in a manner that results in an acceptable risk profile to the bank.
• Knowledge of financial markets, and the volatile nature of certain variable security held, as well as the market forces that influence their market value.
• Using available information sources and technology to effectively tap information crucial to sound and informed decision making and management of credit related deals.
• Practical understanding of legal documentation relative to specialized lending transactions with the ability to interpret legal terminology in a logical manner, to facilitate, in close cooperation with legal council, legal agreements reflecting the commercial and risk objectives of the bank.
• Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as they apply to each situation such as credit applications, bad debts, disputes, obtaining legal assistance and reporting.
• The ability to take a balanced approach towards risk/reward with effective risk mitigation as opposed to a risk minimization approach.
• An understanding/ability to understand the broader business environment in which the bank operates from a geographic, Industry, organization, functional and regulatory perspective (including Basel II), and to relate that to the wholesale credit function.
• An adequate knowledge of risk best practice (measurement and management systems, processes and policies).
• The ability and confidence to operate and make decisions independently whilst still operating as an effective team player.
• Effectively applies verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results, taking particular account of cultural diversities and language barriers.Click here to apply online