SOS Children’s Villages NGO Job: Vacancy for Regional Education Coordinator
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is a dynamic social development organisation working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation that provides support and guidance to SOS member associations in over 132 countries worldwide. Working throughout Africa and the Middle East, SOS Children’s Villages is in the process of recruiting a Regional Education Coordinator for the Regional Office for Central and West Africa in Yaounde, Cameroun. The Regional Education Coordinator will support the development of educational systems and developmental approaches in SOS educational facilities (SOS schools, kindergartens, and vocational training centres) in the thirteen countries of the region. In this position he will report to the Regional Programme Development Advisor.
Job Title: Regional Education Coordinator
– Working directly with Regional Office colleagues from the Programme Development function in the areas of education,family based care, family strengthening and advocacy, and providing close guidance and support to the National Education coordinators.
– Interpreting SOS Children s Villages Programme Policy guidelines on educational programmes and supporting the implementation of defined standards in the countries of region.
– Ensuring education objectives in the national plans are aligned with SOS Children’s Villages policies.
– Leading the planning processes in education and monitoring the development in this area of work across the region, through reviewing progress reports and statistics and regular contact with National Education Coordinators.
– 5 years work experience and proven results in a social development organisation or similar.
– Master’s degree In educatlon.
– Ability to work effectlvely in a multi-cultural/ multi-cultural enVIronment while respecting diverSity.
– Knowledge in education systems, educational facilities management, and educational developmental approaches.
– Bilingual (English and French).
– Excellent computer skills.
– Diverse range of interesting tasks in a well recognised international organisation and an intercultural working environment.
– Interesting opportunities for further development.
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject, to applicable background checks, Including criminal record checks, where possible.
Method of ApplicationDownload Job Alerts App for Android
If you are interested In this position, please send your application, detailed CV, and motivation letter along with three traceable referees to the following email address: [email protected] before 20th August, 2010