Shell Petroleum Development Company, SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme 2010
Programme of study: MSc Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience, Petroleum Geophysics or MSc Engineering Geology
Next available: for October 2010 start
Criteria for eligibility:
• display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
• have a high standard of English, i.e. at least 6.5 in IELTS and meet the university’s language requirements;
• be aged between 21-30 years;
• originate from one of the Delta States in Nigeria, namely Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa and currently reside in Nigeria;
• intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
• have obtained a degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours Degree
• be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of either SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Wider Perspectives Limited, or be a current employee’s relative;
• not already have had the chance of studying in the UK or another developed country.
Value of Scholarship: Fees plus maintenance costs and a contribution towards one return flight and compulsory fieldwork costs.
Please note that you must hold a formal offer of admission to the closing date to be considered for this award.
For more information, please email [email protected]
Download the SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme application form
Closing date: 5pm Friday, 30 April 2010. Download Job Alerts App for Android