Sea Trucks Group Nigeria Vacancy: Recruitment for Procurement Manager
After the successful delivery of its first offshore pipe lay vessel, Jascon 5, in April 2004, the Sea Trucks Group entered the global contracting business. Based on the design of the Jascon 5, the group launched a massive new building program of 7 DP3 “hybrid” offshore marine construction vessels. The first three were delivered in 2007 and 2008 and the remaining four are scheduled for delivery in 2010 and 2011.
The group’s headquarters are located in Lagos, Nigeria. The global management of the DP3 construction fleet is controlled from its new office in the United Arab Emirates. From this office engineering & procurement, vessel management and corporate QHSE are controlled, while project teams are located around the world to support local market requirements.
JOB TITLE : PROCUREMENT MANAGER LOCATION : LAGOS, NIGERIA
- Procuring goods, materials and services for the project in a cost efficient manner, in time, in accordance with requirements and at acceptable terms and conditions;
- Assisting Managing Director in developing corporate policies and plans;
- Communication, co-operation, coordination with Managing Director and fellow Managers to develop a company to ensure that company aspirations and targets are met;
- Creating conditions, which allow procurement staff to fulfil requirements w.r.t. safety, health, environment and security;
- Arranging the adequate evaluation of bids from vendors/subcontractors involving relevant disciplines;
- Provision of budget estimates and/or firm offers for tenders and internal estimates;
- Documenting and controlling commitments between company and vendors/subcontractors;
- Ensuring that Procurement Files are complete and up-to-date;
- Keeping vendor/subcontractor documentation updated.
- Recording of procurement related activities and communication;
- Monitoring vendor/subcontractor performance;
- Evaluation and appraisal of vendors/subcontractors/agents;
- Reviewing workload and adjusting human resource capacity accordingly;
- Ensuring that procurement staff is adequately skilled, experienced, trained, educated and qualified;
- Motivation and performance of procurement staff;
- Communication and co-operation within procurement staff;
- Communication and co-operation with other disciplines;
- Management of career perspectives for procurement staff;
- Promoting of and ensuring adherence to company policy and Company Management System (CMS);
- Development, maintenance and implementation of the Company Management System (CMS) documentation applicable to his field of responsibility;
- Identification and reporting of procurement related areas of concern to Managing Director;
- Management and control of procurement costs;
- Stimulating and realising optimisation and improvements in his area of responsibility;
- Set and define Procurement related company standards.
REPORTS TO: General Manager;
DIRECTS: PROCUREMENT CO-ORDINATOR.
- Review that procurement procedure is adhered to;
- Review and approve of procurements;
- Sign and control order confirmations in acc. with authority schedule;
- Select subcontractors, vendors and agents;
- Appraise subcontractors, vendors and agents.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in worldwide purchasing, of which at least 5 years in offshore or equivalent industry, and at least 5 years in a managerial position.
- Bachelor Degree;
- NEVIE Training preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY REQUIRED:
- Entrepreneurial business sense;
- Good knowledge of offshore practices;
- Good knowledge of relevant suppliers and vendors;
- Good awareness of (maritime, legal) aspects w.r.t. goods and services;
- Good practical knowledge of Quality, Safety, Health and Environment requirements and standards;
- Good knowledge of Company Management System (CMS) ensuring compliance to quality, health, environment and safety (QHSES) requirements;
- Good knowledge of the English language both written and spoken;
- Prepared to travel and work irregular hours.
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
Not StatedDownload Job Alerts App for Android