Sea Trucks Group Nigeria Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Construction Manager
After the successful delivery of its first offshore pipe lay vessel, Jascon 5, in April 2004, the Sea Trucks Group entered the global contracting business. Based on the design of the Jascon 5, the group launched a massive new building program of 7 DP3 “hybrid” offshore marine construction vessels. The first three were delivered in 2007 and 2008 and the remaining four are scheduled for delivery in 2010 and 2011.
The group’s headquarters are located in Lagos, Nigeria. The global management of the DP3 construction fleet is controlled from its new office in the United Arab Emirates. From this office engineering & procurement, vessel management and corporate QHSE are controlled, while project teams are located around the world to support local market requirements.
JOB TITLE : CONSTRUCTION MANAGER LOCATION : LAGOS, NIGERIADownload Job Alerts App for Android
- Execution of construction and fabrication activities to complete the work scope in accordance with the contract and other requirements related to quality, safety, health, environment and security;
- Promoting of and ensuring adherence to Company policy and Company Management System (CMS);
- Reviewing adequate implementation of CMS;
- Managing the construction crew and the project activities in the best way with respect to the Company’s interests;
- Motivation and performance of construction crew;
- Communication and co-operation within construction crew, between construction crew and other disciplines and between construction crew and client representatives;
- Reporting daily progress on offshore operations via Daily Progress Reporting;
- Reporting any non- conforming occurrences;
- Stimulating crew to report non-conformities, accidents, near-misses, hazardous situations, when observed;
- Control of documentation related construction and fabrication activities;
- Communication with Barge Master about marine- and construction activities;
- Liaisoning with Project Manager about project matters;
- Representing the Company;
- Familiarisation of all personnel with the project and their individual tasks;
- Effective use of the PTW System;
- Identification and reporting of areas of concern to Manager Operations;
- Stimulating and realising optimisation and improvements in his area of responsibility including team building, preventive maintenance, safety, loss prevention, reliability of equipment, health care, reducing environmental impact, etc. etc.
REPORTS TO: MANAGER OF PROJECTS.
Onshore function, managing the execution of projects and directing superintendents
- Take all decisions necessary to execute the work in a safe and efficient manner;
- Manage the construction crew and subcontractors to ensure adequate execution of construction and fabrication activities;
- Interrupt and correct activities, which may threaten safety, health or environment;
- Act as Company Representative on board for project and contractual matters;
- Endorse PTW-s;
- Approve requisitions;
- Appraise subordinates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY REQUIRED:
- Good knowledge of Company Management System (CMS) ensuring compliance to quality, safety, health, environment and safety (QHSES) requirements;
- Good knowledge of the English language both written and spoken.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Pipelay and platform installation experience;
- Offshore hands on experience, preferably superintendent;
- To the discretion of management of Oil servicing Company;
- Bachelor in engineering or equivalent;
- Management skills training;
- Relevant offshore training.
How to Apply