Red Cross (ICRC) Job: Vacancy for Media Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Media Officer
• Assist the ICRC with its media and communication activities
• Maintain regular contacts with journalists and their media organisations
• Write and distribute press releases or other relevant information to the press, Prepare materials for dissemination via the ICRC website.
• Assist the Communication Department of the ICRC in dissemination, organising seminars, workshops and other public events.
• Keep information up to date and provide analysis when requested.
• Coordinate the production and distribution of dissemination material to relevant audiences.
• Write situations and analytical reports as needed.
• University degree in Mass Media, Journalism, Communication or other relevant field
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the media industry, in media relations or public relations Experience in print production required
• Experience in humanitarian work an asset
• Administration experience needed.
• Fluent in written and spoken English/knowledge of French is an asset Good written and communication skills
• Good analytical and organisational skills
• Excellent editing and presentation skills
• Very good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PPT.
• Excellent internet research skills Knowledge of graphic design an asset
Method of Application
Please submit your application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates, referees) before Friday September 17, 2010 to the
ICRC Delegation in Abuja,
No. 29 Kumasi Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent.
Wuse II Abuja.
Only complete files matching with the profiles will be considered.Download Job Alerts App for Android
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.