Program Director NGO Vacancy at The Futures Group International
The Futures Group International, Inc develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The Program Director will have overall strategic, programmatic, financial, and management responsibility for the project. Working closely with and managing a core staff of technical and administrative program professionals, s/he will ensure that project objectives, outcomes, and deliverables are met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to. The Program Director will be the primary liaison with the client as well as with other donors, partners, and stakeholders, including the Nigerian Government.
Qualifications, Capabilities/Skills and Experience:
– Advanced degree in public health or a related field
– Minimum of 10 years designing and managing HIV prevention programs in developing countries, preferably for MARPs.
– Minimum of five years managing and providing strategic and technical leadership as either a Program Director or similar senior level position on field programs funded by USG and/or PEPFAR.
– Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, host country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
– Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in Nigeria preferred.
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send application and detailed resume/curriculum vitae (CV) as a Microsoft Word attachment to [email protected] The subject of the email should be the applicant’s name & title of the position applied for. Contact Tel., GSM number(s), and Email addresses should be provided. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2011
Reference Code: RW_8C5543-5Download Job Alerts App for Android