Population Services International (PSI) NGO Job: Behavior Change Communications Specialist (Abuja)
Location: Nigeria – Abuja
The consortium of organizations comprised of the Society for Family Health (SFH) – Nigeria, Population Services International (PSI) and BBC World Service Trust, organized under an upcoming 5 year USAID Cooperative Agreement entitled, Expanding Social Marketing Project in Nigeria (ESMPIN), seeks candidates for the position of Behavior Change Communications Specialist. The Society Family for Health, PSI’s partner agency in Nigeria, will be the prime recipient of ESMPIN. This position will sit within the structure of one of the consortium partners. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Please note: this position is contingent on funding.
RESPONSIBILITIES: duties include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the development, management and implementation of a communication strategy to increase use of health products and practice of healthy behaviors
• Oversee implementation of a communication strategy to effectively influence behavior change at the individual, community and political levels
• Oversee and manage a wide variety of interventions from mass media advertising campaigns to small group and interpersonal communications
• Oversee development and management of a strategy to build the capacity of Nigerian organizations and government counterparts in BCC programming
• Effectively collaborate with all key partners and stakeholders throughout the life of the project
• Oversee the development and harmonization of program messages, IEC materials and related training curriculum
• Develop in coordination with partners a mass media dissemination and monitoring plan
• Supervise a team of project staff and create professional development opportunities
• Minimum 5-8 years experience in two or more large-scale social marketing and BCC programs
• Masters degree in public health or other relevant health or behavior change communications discipline
• Experience with implementing BCC in the context of FP/RH/MCH/Malaria and behavior change interventions at different levels within a developing country
• Demonstrated technical expertise in a relevant mix of designing, managing and evaluating health programs through social marketing, as well as small group and IPC activities that have led to correct and sustained use of methods, services and socially-marketed products
• Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria and/or in a similar African setting
• Excellent organizational, teamwork and multitasking capabilities;
• Fluency in English required; and
• Demonstrated ability to produce results
The successful candidate will also have excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and cross-cultural skills; demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines; able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment; excellent team work skills and a demonstrated capacity to produce results.
How to apply
Click here to apply online. Please no phone calls or emails.
Reference Code: RW_8B2K33-99