Population Council Nigeria NGO Job for Program Coordinator – MHN – Lagos
The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources. The Population Council has worked in collaboration with a very broad range of Nigerian institutions. The Council’s program includes the design and testing of innovative HIV & AIDS and Reproductive Health approaches and policy and program relevant research, training, and institutional strengthening and is supported by a range of donors. Due to expansion of its activities, the Council is seeking qualified individuals to fill the following positions.
Job Title: Program Coordinator-MHN- Lagos
The successful candidate will provide technical program management assistance to the Deputy Project Director in developing and implementing strategic plans for reaching most-at-risk male populations to improve access to and Quality of HIV prevention services in Nigeria. He/she will Undertake project design, implementation and evaluation of program/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting. He/she will coordinate the MHN program activities for all the southern states.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s in Health Policy, Public Administration, or Public Health is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in public policy, non-profit management, or related field.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Ability and willingness to travel within the country and across the region on a regular basis
• High degree of independence. creativity and commitment
• Strong analytic and communication skills, ability to write clearly and succinctly under pressure and to make well organized verbal presentations,
Mode of application:
Qualified candidates should follow the instructions below:
1.) Send an application letter (stating your current salary and salary expectations) and resume to [email protected]
2.) Clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names – starting with the surname first, then other names (e.g. Program Coordinator- MSM- BEN, Joshua Ekong) – in the subject area of the email.
3.) All attachments must be in pdf files.
Candidates Who do not follow the above instructions will be automatically disqualified.
Population Council reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at any time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Population Council is an equal opportunity employer
Deadline: On or before September 30, 2010.Download Job Alerts App for Android