OP Strategic Management Company Job: Vacancy for Site Engineer, Port Harcourt
ROLE: SITE ENGINEER
OP Strategic Management Company
OP Strategic Management Company Ltd provides consultancy services to construction companies. These services include; but are not limited, to Strategy and Management, Business Planning, Creating or Restructuring Organizations, Culture Change, Project management and Community Relations management.
OPSM Company is now recruiting for a Site Engineer.
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE; BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Acting as the main technical adviser on a Road construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
2. Setting out, leveling and surveying the site;
3. Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
4. Ensuring all materials used and work performed are as per specifications;
5. Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant;
6. agreeing a price for materials, and making cost-effective solutions and proposals;
7. managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract designs;
8. liaising with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project;
9. liaising with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
10. liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
11. day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
12. planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
13. overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site;
14. preparing reports as required;
15. Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may arise.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. BSc in Civil Engineering
2. Masters degree would be an added advantage
3. Computer literate; AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
4. Coren certification would be an added advantage
5. 5-10 years road construction experience
6. 30-40 years experience
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by sending your CV to [email protected] ,
Deadline: On or before the 21st of June 2010.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.Download Job Alerts App for Android