Oando PLC Jobs: Vacancy Recruitment for Toolpushers
The Toolpusher will manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Client Representative and rig department heads.
1. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure pre-job meeting is carried out for all non – routine drilling operations.
· Ensure the Driller is informed on an ongoing basis as to the well program objectives and communicate any changes in plans through issuing of Standing Instruction to Drillers (SID).
· Monitor the maintenance, repair and installation of all drilling equipment including repair, lubrication, maintenance records, and inventory levels.
· Maintain records of inspections and certification of drilling equipment, tools and tubular.
· Responsible for timely ordering of parts for all drilling equipment and monitor and maintain records of consumables for drilling departments and drilling activities.
· Ensure the mud mixing systems and solid control equipments are being monitored constantly and properly maintained.
· Relieve the Driller at the Driller’s console as operational requirement
· Partake in the daily operations meeting with the OIM and other rig department heads.
· Monitor the application of the Company Preventive Maintenance System program within the drilling department.
· Plan and organize the crew, equipment and resources well in advance to minimize operational downtime as it affects drilling operations and associated activities.
· Ensure that well control requirements are in place and enforced according to operational requirements.
· Review and approve all drilling related work permits.
· Supervise equipment preparation for impending drilling operations.
· Assist in supervising well killing operations in an emergency situation.
· Develop and submit a consolidated rig’s annual maintenance budget for approval for the drilling department, and responsible for managing compliance on annual basis.
· Ensure subordinates understand and supply guidelines of the Company EHSQ manual and rig specific procedures.
· Inform the Senior Toolpusher or OIM of any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations.
· Actively participate in weekly meetings, Quality Improvement Plan program, and all other Company safety management systems.
· Ensure that drills relevant to current operations are carried out regularly and recorded in line with Client and Company Well Control Procedures.
2. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of drilling
- Unit basic computer skills.
- Valid Medical and Vaccination certificates.
- Valid Well Control Certificate.
3. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory Skills
- Project Planning
- Relationship Management
- In-depth knowledge of drilling activities.