The primary responsibility of the position is to Supervise and control the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronics, subsea, and information technology equipment on the rig.
1. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain control over the rig’s Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) and associated computer database.
· Coordinate periodic maintenance activities with the OIM and other department heads
· Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to the PMS guidelines.
· Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and complete.
· Carry out classification society surveys as part of continuous survey of machinery.
· Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig’s stability.
· Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to in the maintenance department.
· Inform the OIM and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig.
· Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfil maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operations.
· Supply information for maintenance and repairs budget.
· Maintain proper communication with shore based Field Support group, rig management, and equipment vendors.
· Liaise with the OIM to ensure that all third party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig.
· Implement the follow up requirements to audits, as issued by Clients, Regulatory Authorities or rig management.
· Approve all maintenance department requisition purchase orders.
· Document any and all changes to the PMS system and provide reasons for making these changes to Rig Manager via direct supervisor.
· Provide input in the Survey of the vessel and ways to reduce the out of service time of the vessel.
· Exercise fiscal responsibility with regard to maintenance budget.
· Train personnel on the use of the PMS system to reduce error in the system
· Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information.
· Demonstrate commitment to company safety policies through leadership and guidance.
· Ensure regulatory requirements for environmental protection are complied with.
· Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situation to the OIM, other department heads and TSM.
2. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Valid medical examination.
- This position requires an individual with excellent supervisory and hands on deck skill.
3. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory Skills
- Project Planning
- Relationship Management
- In-depth knowledge of drilling activities.