The Offshore Installation Manager will manage the manpower and resources of the rig to achieve optimum performance so as to ensure that the program is carried out in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
1. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Manage the planning and efficient execution of the drilling program in coordination with Client Representative and rig heads. Hold daily operations meeting with Client Representative and rig department heads
· Ensure pre-job meeting is carried out for hazardous situations and non- routine operations
· Monitor all onboard equipment and systems usage, supervise testing and inspection of critical equipment and systems, and ensure operational parameters and limits are observed.
· Monitor the application of the Company Preventive Maintenance System program.
· Organize and supervise the activities of drilling, marine and maintenance departments and ensure rig specific procedures are understood and observed by all personnel onboard.
· Responsible, along with Client Representative, for all third party services on the rig.
· Promote and maintain a good working relationship with Client Representatives, department heads, and third party personnel.
· Ensures rig complies with Flag State and certifying Regulatory Bodies.
· Maintain daily communication with the Marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure guidelines of the rig’s Marine Operation and needs.
· Plan operations with the Marine department as related to rig moves, mooring, station keeping and stability. Ensure guidelines of the rig’s Marine Operations Manual are understood and followed.
· Develop and submit a consolidated rig’s annual maintenance budget for approval, and responsible for managing compliance on an annual basis.
· Manages warehouse inventory level to comply with targets
2. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit basic computer skills.
- This position requires an individual exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
3. KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Organization Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory Skills
- Project Planning
- Relationship Management
- In-depth knowledge of drilling activities.