Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form 2011 for Direct Short Service Commission (Course 20) – Deadline Now Extended till March 2nd 2011
Nigerian Navy is dated to 1914, when the northern and southern marine detachments were merged to form the Nigerian Marine Department
Interested applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper division for First degree holders and Upper Credit for HND holders. Male Applicants must not be less than 1.70 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 metre tall. Applicants should be between 22 and 30 years of age by 31st December 2011. Serving personnel with requisite qualification could also apply.
ONLINE REGISTRATION STARTS ON: 24th January 2011
AND CLOSES ON: 2nd March 2011
YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ THE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY.
APPLICATION FOR 20TH BATCH DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLY QUALIFIED NIGERIANS FOR DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY IN THE UNDER LISTED DEPARTMENTS.
1. Applicants must possess B.sc or M.sc in Naval Architecture/Ship Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Marine,Aeronautical, Electronics and equivalent qualifications. Membership of Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
2. Medical Specialists: Applicants must possess MBBS degree or equivalent plus registerable post graduate/specialist qualifications. Preference would be given to Obstetricians and Gynaecologist, Cardiologists, ENT Surgeons, Radiologist, Pathologist, Pediatricians, Physicians, General Surgeons, Psychiatrists, Orthopedics Surgeons, Anesthetists and Optometrists.
3. Doctors: Applicants must be members of the Nigerian Medical or Dental Council of Nigeria.
4. Dental Surgeons: Applicants must possess registerable degree acceptable to the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council.
5. Physiotherapists: Applicants must posses Bsc Physiotherapy and must be members of Institutes of the Nigerian Society of Physiotherapists.
6. Pharmacists: Applicants must possess a degree in pharmacy and must be members of Pharmacy Board of Nigeria.
7. Medical Lab Scientists: Applicants must possess Bsc, AIMS or its equivalents in Medical Lab Sciences registered with the Institute of Medical Lab Science & Technology of Nigeria.
8. Radiographers: Applicants must possess Bsc/HND in Radiography.
9. Optometrists: MBBS required.
10. Nurses: (Bsc Nursing).
11. Biomedical Engineer: Bsc
12. Medical Record: HND/Bsc
ACCOUNT AND BUDGET
13. Applicants must possess B.sc in Accounting or Banking and Finance. Membership of professional accounting bodies such as ICAN, ANAN etc is an added advantage.
14. Applicants must possess B.sc/HND in any of the following fields: Business Administration,Marketing/Purchasing and supply, Catering/Hotel Management,Automobile Engineering,Quality Surveying and Computer Engineering,Building Engineering, Estate Management and Msc Architecture, Transport Management, or relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
15. Applicants must possess Bsc,BA or B.Ed in any of the following: Maths,Physical Sciences,French or Computer Science.Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
16. Applicants must possess Bsc in Mass Communication, BA Graphics Arts or BA Printing Tech. Membership of the Nigeria Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
17. Applicants must possess LL.B and BL. Possession of LLM will be an added advantage.
18. Applicants must possess Bsc Physical & Health Education.
19. Applicants must possess BA/HND Music with specialisation in any musical instrument(s).
HOW TO APPLY
1. Interested candidates are advised to apply online at http://service .nigeriannavy.gov.ng
2. Applicants are to complete form online and make payment at any of the following designated banks: UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA, STERLING BANK, INTERCONTINENTAL BANK
3. (a). Applicants can only print out the following under listed document after payment of application fee at the designated banks:
-Local Government attestation form
-Parent/Guardian consent form.
(b) Applicants are to note that applications submitted online without payment of application fee at any of the above mentioned banks will not be validated and processed.
NOTE: ONLINE REGISTRATION STARTS ON: 24th January 2011 AND CLOSES ON: 2nd March 2011
YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ THE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY.Download Job Alerts App for Android