Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Nigeria NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Senior Program Associate; Malaria Case Management Specialist
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, home offices, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Senior Program Associate; Malaria Case Management Specialist (CMS) provides the input into the overall design and implementation of case management of malaria in facilities and in the community. The CMS is responsible for training and capacity building of facility community workers to manage malaria to ensure that the MAPS activities are responsive to the needs of the program and the community. The CMS will also be involved with the application of appropriate tools, coordinating assessments and data collection activities. The CMS works closely with MOH counterparts at the national, state, LGA and community levels; other USG and non-USG partners working on community health activities; as well as with the USG technical staff. The CMS will also work with Pharmacies, Patent Medicine Vendors, and drug sellers (and their associations) to stock high quality front line ACTs and to manage cases of febrile illness in children according to NMCP guidelines.
1. Advanced degree in health, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Significant experience in community based provision of health services
3. Significant experience in providing technical assistance to child health and malaria programs
4. Experience within the health sector with understanding of malaria and child health issues
5. Experience in conducting community based assessments, developing key recommendations and interventions
6. Experience providing training and setting up training programs and workshops preferred.
7. Creativity and ability to apply innovative thinking and problem solving; with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
8. Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
9. Proficiency in English and French, including reading, writing, and speaking skills with ability to conduct business in both languages.
10. Experience working with USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
11. Availability to travel within Nigeria as needed.
12. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work as part of a team.
13. Strong organizational experience.
This position is contingent upon funding. Please note that relocation assistance and allowances are not available.
How to apply
Click here for more details and how to apply
Reference Code: RW_83VPMU-47
Closing Date 19-Apr-2010
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android