REPORTER CAREERS RECRUITMENT
Network News 24 (NN24) Limited (www.nn24.tv) is a next generation Nigerian media company that aims to bring high quality television news content to Nigerians and the world. NN24 has created an International network consisting of seasoned professional reporters bringing local news from all regions of Nigeria and international news from around the globe. with affiliate partnership with CNN International, a primary distribution platform DStv, a news content deal with Reuters, NN24 aspires to be the leader in the Nigerian media industry for concise and reliable television news, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
NN24 is driven by core values of integrity, transparency and innovation and aimed to maintain the highest standard of quality and business excellence in broadcast journalism. To effectively achieve its mission of being the leading provider of high-quality news and information in Nigeria by bringing to life accurately the untold stories of Nigeria’s achievements, challenges, unity in diversity and strength, NN24 is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Reporter.
1. Candidate should possess a minimum bachelor degree in any discipline
2. Candidates must have at least 5 years experience in relevant field out of which at least 2 years must be an international experience.
3. Knowledge of Nigeria’s social and political complexities and the country’s political landscape.
4. Pleasing personality and voice, excellent pronunciation, diction and english usage.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicants should download the form, fill the form and mail it as an attachement using the position title as the subject of the mail.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 20th of April 2010. Interviews will be held on 28th and 29th of April 2010. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Completed Electronic Application forms should be mailed to [email protected] Applications will ONLY be considered if submitted on NN24’s Standard Application forms.
NN24 offers competitive terms of employment. NN24 is an equal opportunity in employment organisation and applications are encouraged from women, disadvantaged candidates who are qualified for the position.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – GUIDANCE NOTES ON COMPLETING APPLICATION FORM
NN24 aims to give all applicants the best opportunity to be successful in applying for employment. The enclosed application form has been designed to provide relevant information to those involved in the recruitment process.
Please read these notes carefully. Your application form plays an important part in our selection process. It decides whether you will be short-listed for an interview.
THE APPLICATION FORM
There are several sections to the application form.
The personal details and reference sections are required for administrative purposes should an offer of employment be made.
The inside pages ask for details of current and previous employment and further information which we require to match your skills against those in the job description and person specification. To give yourself the best chance of selection for interview you should ensure that you include all relevant information about yourself bearing in mind what is required.
All information will be treated in strictest confidence and referees will not be contacted without your permission.
COMPLETING THE FORM
Remember – make sure your application form is well presented to create a good impression.
1. Please type in black ink.
2. Job Description and Person Specification – read these carefully as they list the skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience required
3. The text boxes in the “career history” section are expandable. Take a copy of your completed form for your own reference
4. Education and Professional Qualifications – NN24 is primarily interested in the highest educational level you have achieved, as well as whether you have basic numeracy and literacy skills in English, which is the language in which we work.
5. Please do not send in your CV unless specifically asked to. The application form is part of the information required for the final short-listing.
RETURNING THE COMPLETED FORM
Your completed application form should be returned to the email address [email protected] to arrive no later than the stated closing date. We are unable to consider late applications.
In some instances where a large number of applications are expected, only applicants who are short -listed will be contacted.
Please inform us if at any stage after submission of your form you decide not to proceed with your application.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION PACK NOWDownload Job Alerts App for Android