Mobil- Esso EEPNL International Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme Application for Post Graduate 2010
A brief history of the Scholarship
* In 1974 the NNPC/MPN joint venture commenced a scholarship program for undergraduates in Nigerian higher institutions of learning. The number of awards increased from 13 in 1974 to 30 in 1984, to 250 in 1991, and to 350 in 1993. Since 1998, the NNPC/MPN joint venture has made provision to award 500 scholarships annually.
* About 60% of those are for core disciplines in Engineering and Geosciences, and the rest are for other professional courses.
* Fifty percent of MPN’s Scholarship Awards go to indigenes of the operational communities and the rest of Akwa Ibom State ( 75 goes to the operational communities while 175 to goes the other communities in the state), twelve percent to Bonny and the rest of Rivers State (50 goes to Bonny and 10 to the other communities in the state), ten percent (50) of the awards is given to the best candidates and twenty eight percent of the total awards (140) goes to other states including FCT based on merit and fair geographical spread.
* In addition, EEPNL also awards international Post-graduate Scholarships in line with its plan to recruit, train and develop qualified Nigerians to fill positions within and outside its organization. To apply for the scholarship, candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences and Engineering obtained from a Nigerian university) and a provisional admission to a recognized University in the USA, UK or any EU country.
* By 2008, EEPNL has awarded a total of 56 international post-graduate scholarships. These scholarships carry no employment obligations. Upon successful completion of their courses, candidates are free to work anywhere they choose.
* In 2007, EEPNL introduced the National Postgraduate Scholarship program in other to complement the existing foreign scholarship program. To apply for the scholarship, candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences and Engineering degree and a provisional admission in a recognized University in Nigeria. 19 awards were made in 2007 and by 2008, the number increased to 30 awards, thus bringing the total number of awards for the National Postgraduate scholarship to 49 awards.
In continuation of Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, we offer International Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue post-graduate studies in the underlisted disciplines:
Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical,Sub-Sea and Marine)
1. Must be a graduate from Nigerian Universities with relevant degree.
2. Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper division in . any of the engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission/accommodation into any reputable university.
The EEPNL scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study including air fare to and from the location of study.
If you are qualified and interested, please complete the form in “Apply Here” on this website and submit as instructed.
Employees of ExxonMobil subsidiary companies in Nigeria and their dependents are not eligible for this scholarship.
Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to take a skills test. Strict compliance with our guidelines is advisable.
Click here to apply
Deadline: Download Job Alerts App for Android
Applications not received before 20 June 2010 will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.