Mife Construction Job: Vacancy for Accounting Assistant (HND, BSc)
Mife Construction provides a broad spectrum of engineering services which include the building of roads, bridges, and civil works on oil drilling locations. Mife Construction is a multi-disciplinary engineering contractor with a number of heavy civil engineering projects throughout the country.
As a result of expansion in the activities of this company we now have an opening for career minded Accounting Assistant, to join our existing project team.
Job Description and Duties
Accounting is the backbone of business. Ethical and professional accounting forms a clear financial image of a business, and allows managers to make informed decisions, keeps investors abreast of developments in the business, and keeps the business profitable.
* Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests, manual cheques and contract payments.
* To receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
* Verify calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system in an accurate manner
* Ensures purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched.
* Recommends change to purchasing and other financial policies and practices.
* Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing of weekly cheque printing.
* Responsible for cheque stock inventory & safekeeping of same.
* Liaises with Budget Officer to solve day to day budget issues.
* Provides reports as required by Finance management team.
* Other general accounting duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
* Previous experience in a similar role with exposure to Management Accounts, Payroll, VAT Returns, Credit Control, etc.
* HND/B.Sc in Accounting with minimum of 3 years practical working experience
* Not less than 27 years of age
* Proficient knowledge in the use of Peachtree and other accounting packages will be an added advantage.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to multi-task with minimal supervision
* Initiative and proactive approach to the delivery of quality services
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages, Internet etc.
LOCATION: PORT HARCOURT
SALARY: VERY ATTRACTIVE, THOUGH NEGOTIABLE
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline is 16th March, 2010.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.Download Job Alerts App for Android