Medical Laboratory Science Council Job: Vacancy for Registrar to the CouncilMedical Laboratory Science Council
of Nigeria invites application from suitably qualified candidates from both public and private sectors for the post of Registrar
to the Council.
• The Registrar, who shall be the Chief Executive Officer and Secretary to the Governing Board.
Qualification and Experience
• The candidate must be a qualified, registered and licensed Medical laboratory Scientist.
• Must be a Fellow of the Medical laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
• Must not be less than 15 years post qualification
• Additional higher qualification will be an added advantage
The Registrar shall perform the following duties
• Keep the records and conduct the correspondence of the Council;
• Prepare and maintain in accordance with rules made by the Council; a register of names, addresses, qualifications and other particulars of persons entitled in accordance with provisions of Act. 11, 2003 to be registered.
• Correct in accordance with Council’s direction any entry incorrectly made
• Make necessary adjustments and alterations in the particulars of members as circumstances may require;
• Strike off the names of deceased members from the Register;
• Publish the names of members who are in default in the payment of their annual subscriptions for more than 4 months.
• The Registrar shall cause to be published in every year an updated Register of members;
• The Registrar shall have custody of all published editions of registered members and ensure that all such publications are open to inspection by the public and
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Governing Board
• The Registrar as the Chief Executive Officer of the Council enjoys a tenured appointment of 4 years renewable for another term based on satisfactory performance
Salary And Conditions Of Service
• The salary and conditions of service- shall be as applicable to the post of Chief Executive Officer of Federal Parastatal.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit 30 copies of their application along with current Curriculum Vitae stating the following;
• Full name
• Current contact address, telephone number(s) and e-mail
• Date of Birth
• Marital Status
• State and Local Government of Origin
• Educational Qualifications with dates and Schools attended
• Previous employments indicating post held with dates
Names and addresses of three referees. Each referee musts be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the office of the Chairman of the Board of Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria the confidential report.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the post of Registrar on the top right hand corner, addressed to the:
Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Closing Date: 17th June, 2010.