Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Nigeria NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Capacity Building Advisor
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Working from more than 30 country offices and our Arlington, Virginia, and Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, home offices, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Capacity Building Advisor will strengthen the management and leadership capacity of health personnel at States Ministry of Health (SMOHs) and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) in three select states, to provide oversight of the integrated delivery and scale up of proven malaria interventions. In addition, the Advisor will lead the programs’ strategy to increase the coordination between the federal, state and local levels of the ministry of health, health facilities, communities and existing programs encouraging states to take more ownership of the coordination role in their areas as time progresses. The Advisor will also work with the National Malaria Control Program and other partners to develop a plan to strengthen the implementation of national malaria policies and guidelines at all levels of the system.
1. A Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in the areas of training and human capacity development.
3. Several years of experience in capacity building, managing, delivering and evaluating capacity building programs in the health field. Demonstrated experience with adult learning techniques and best practices.
4. Prior training experience in the areas of financial planning, budgeting, and planning.
5. Prior experience working with the public sector, US government or other Malaria programs in Nigeria to increase coordination and coverage of malaria treatment a plus
6. Experience working at the state, facility, and community level in program design, institutional capacity building, and training
7. Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded health projects.
8. Demonstrated effective leadership skills; ability in developing effective interpersonal relationships, negotiation, and conflict management.
9. Willingness to travel throughout the three project states in Nigeria.
10. Fluency in English
This position is contingent upon funding. Please note that relocation assistance and allowances are not available.
How to apply
Click here for more details and how to to apply
With the exception of public UN sources, reproduction or redistribution of the above text, in whole, part or in any form, requires the prior consent of the original source. The opinions expressed in the documents carried by this site are those of the authors and are not necessarily shared by UN OCHA or ReliefWeb.
Deadline: 19 April 2010
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android