Maersk Nigeria Job/ APM Terminals Nigeria: Vacancy for Internal Controller – Container Inland Services (CIS), Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
APM Terminals is looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
- Responsible to provide timely and accurate financial information and expertise to enable management to make accurate decisions whilst maintaining constant care and compliance with policies and standards.
- Establish and continuously develop the internal control function.
- The incumbent will be involved in the daily financial control of a huge organisation and will therefore have the opportunity to gain a broad overview of a stand-alone business unit and become familiar with the role of a business process of Shipping Industry.
Specific Tasks and Areas of Responsibility
- · Active member of the CIS Country/Cluster Management Team and responsible for controlling environment across the cluster.
- · Responsible for coordinating and performing control reviews across the cluster
- · Responsible for assisting in investigating of fraud cases and subsequent reporting on these to management.
- · To pro-actively identify risks in the challenging environment and to report these to management on an ongoing basis
- · Manage monthly reporting process including responsibility for accurate, timely and high quality HFM reporting with full adherence to APM GAP and Local Accounting Standards.
- · Ensure proper processes are in place for all the business transactions.
- · Regular review/follow up on compliance of internal SOP’s
- · Follow up on KPI’s, Financial Reviews and Control Dashboard results.
- · Contribute in providing high quality financial information and its analysis to senior management to support decision making.
- · Ensure no major findings in various audits conducted during the year
- · Drive various cost awareness and other initiatives triggered from Cluster / Region.
- · Ensure smooth completion of various Audits during the year.
- · Ensure compliance with Group Policies, business audits, board material preparation and adhoc financial analysis
- · Implement initiatives to improve financial processes and operational performance
- · Compliance with the Finance elements of the concession and long term lease agreements entered into with Government agencies.
- · Identify cost saving opportunities to improve the result of the business and add to shareholder value.
Desired Experience and Profile
- · University Degree in Finance and Accounting, Chartered Accountant, auditing or similar with a minimum of 3 years experience in similar function.
- · Be a strong team player while at the same time being able to work independently.
- · Practical experience within finance and accounting required. IFRS experience a plus
- · Sound Knowledge of SAP though not required but preferred.
- · Excellent communication skills; being able to explain financial matters in layman’s terms to management and other functions.
- · Strong analytical skills
- · Required to travel between offices within the cluster
- · Considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks
- · Well Organized, timely and focused on quality
- · Strong inter personal skills
- · Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- · High level of general business acumen to identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve overall financial results
Deadline 19th April 2010
Click here for more details
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android