Maersk Nigeria Job/ APM Terminals Nigeria: Vacancy for Operations Manager – Container Inland Services (CIS), Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
APM Terminals is looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Operations Manager – Container Inland Services (CIS), Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
- • Manage proper stacking of containers during transfer and after customs examination.
- • Monitor the plant operators in ICD for effective operations.
- • Optimal utilization of ICDs with focus on fast turnaround of containers.
- • Ensure consistent and optimal utilization of ICD equipments.
- • Provide assistance to external/ internal customers with regards to container receipt, examination and delivery.
- • Ensure trucks dispatched to ICD are fully utilized to reduce idle time.
- • Assist ICD Manager in daily operations.
- • Support company’s commitment to safety.
- • Perform other job related duties as required.
- • Assist in interview of potential candidates for ICD positions.
- • Manage staff in yard operations section of the ICD.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- • University degree preferred.
- • 3 or more years experience in one of the following work areas: terminal operations, logistics or equipment management in customer focused environment.
- • Good customer service skills.
- • Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- • Good knowledge of PC applications and CIS systems including but not limited to Mainframe (implementation of gate-activities for container movements).
Deadline 30th April 2010
Click here for more details
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.Download Job Alerts App for Android