Lecturers and Graduate Assistant Job Vacancies in a Federal University September 2012
The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) – Kogi State is one of the nine newly established Federal Universities in Nigeria. The University was established in February 2011 and it intends to commence academic activities in the 2012/2013 session. FUL is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, Central Nigeria, about 160 kilometres from Abuja, the nation’s capital. It is a conventional University that intends to excel in its academic and research activities to compete with other universities worldwide.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies for academic staff of the rank of Lecturer II, Assistant Lecturers and Graduate Assistants in the following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Political Science
- English and Literary Studies
Candidates should possess a Ph.D./Master degree from a recognised University with at least three (3) years teaching, research and administrative experience in a tertiary institution. Such candidates should have earned a respectable first degree with a minimum of a strong second class lower. In addition, Candidates must be specialists in core areas of departmental fields of study with evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals, plus membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Candidates should possess a good second class honours degree (not less than a second class lower), plus a Master degree from a recognised University with at least one (1) year teaching, research and administrative experience in a tertiary institution. Candidates must also be specialists in core areas of departmental fields of study with evidence of scholarly publications in reputable learned journals, plus membership of relevant professional bodies where applicable.
A good honours degree (first or second class upper) from any recognized University.
- All Candidates must possess an NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable;
- Salaries, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the various positions are the same with the approved Salary Scheme for Federal Universities in Nigeria;
- Candidates who are awaiting results may not be considered and need not apply;
- Computer literacy is required for all advertised positions.
C.) METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should forward two (2) sets of the following documents:
- Typed applications;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae; and
- Copies of credentials to the Registrar of the University.
E-copies of these documents should also be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information include the following in this order:
- Position applied for;
- Full Name (surname first in capital letters);
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin & Local Government Area;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates;
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates;
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates;
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s);
- Full details of teaching and research experience and service to the nation and immediate community where applicable;
- List of Publications where applicable;
- Extra Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Candidates submissions should be forwarded in an envelope which should have the position applied for clearly indicated on its left-hand corner.
Candidates should also request their three (3) Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar of the University. The Referees should also be informed to indicate the names of their candidates and the positions and departments applied for, on the left hand corner of the envelopes in which the references are
Hard copies of the applications and supporting documents must reach the
Federal University Lokoja, not later than 20th September, 2012, via the following address:
Federal University Lokoja
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
20th September, 2012
Signed Download Job Alerts App for Android
Habiba A. Adeiza (Mrs.)