King’s High School, Satellite Town, Lagos Job, Vacancy for Principal.
King’s High School, Lagos is a private co-educational Secondary School, located at Awomolo Estate, near Union Bank Estate, Satellite Town, Lagos. It was founded on 7th January, 1991 by some eminent educationists and prepares students for NECO, SSCE and WASSCE of WAEC.
• To produce the total student of outstanding academic excellence, for the emerging global challenges.
ITS MISSION STATEMENT
• The school seeks to mould children of secondary school age, through the pursuit of academic excellence, discipline, hard work, infusion of sound leadership qualities and good morals, to attain self reliance with the knowledge of God as the foundation of successful living.
• Some of Its Outstanding Achievements
• Over the years, the school has achieved outstanding national and international recognition for academic excellence, as shown in the tract record of outstanding academic performance of its students as follows:
• One of its students, (Onwunali Augustine Onyekachi) came second in West Africa in May/June 2004 W AEC . The award was presented to the student in Accra Ghana on 13th March, 2006.
• The school produced the 2nd prize winner in Nigeria in W ASSCE of W AEC in May/June 2004.
• The school won Omon’Oba Erediauwa Coronation Trophy for producing the best male candidate in Nigeria in May/June 2004 and May/June 2008 WASSCE of WAEC.
• Our student, Maduka-David Immanuel came first in Physics in 2008/2009 Nigeria Mathematics and Sciences Olympiads organised by The National Mathematical Centre, Abuja.
• Our student, Anedu Chisomo came first in Chemistry in 2008/2009 Nigeria
• Mathematics and Sciences Olypiads organised by The National Mathematical Centre, Abuja.
• Our student Maduka-David Immanuel came first in Nigeria in May/June 2008 WASSCE of WAEC out of the 1 ,369,142 students who took the examination. The award was presented to him by WAEC at the 47th Annual Meeting of the National Committee of WAEC held in Uyo on 11th December, 2009.
• The successful applicant will take over from the incumbent principal, who holds a first, second and doctorate degrees and is retiring from the school after 14 years of purposeful and result-oriented leadership.
• He will work with an all graduate dedicated some of whom are foundation members of the school, to achieve the aims of the school as indicated above and to sustain and improve on the high level of academic performance of the students in National and International examinations for which the School noted.
REQUIREMENTS OF PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
• Applicants should possess the following minimum academic qualifications and working experience
• A first degree with post graduate teaching qualifications.
• A second and doctorate degree will enhance consideration for the post.
• Similarly, a Post Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Educational Management will also enhance chances of selection for the post.
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience as Principal of a reputable secondary school or who holds key administrative positions for a minimum of 6 years in a secondary school or similar institutions.
• The post carries with it very generous basic salary, together with various forms of allowances and free furnished accommodation.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants, who feel sufficiently challenged and have what it takes to carry the school to the highest levels of all round excellence in future, should forward five copies of their CVs, containing their full names, postal addresses, dates of birth, states of origin, nationality, religion, educational institutions attended with dates, academic and professional qualifications, details of working experience from graduation to date, together with names and addresses of three (3) referees- Employer, Educationist and Personal to the Chairman, Board of Governors, King’s High School, Lagos by post to the address below.
A copy of any book, article or publication on educational management or school related subject written by the applicant should be enclosed.Eligible candidates will be short listed for a selection interview,
Chairman, Board of Governors
King’s High School
P.O. Box 1071,
Satellite Town, Lagos.
Deadline: 11th March, 2010