John Snow Inc (JSI) Job: Vacancy for Office/ Admin Assistant (Abuja)John Snow Inc. (JSf) is a US based international public health firm managing four (4) supply chain management-related projects – the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT, SCMS Project and two Global Fund projects through its integrated offices in Abuja Nigeria.
JSI is seeking to fill the following positions in the Abuja office to provide support for activities being implemented by JSI in Nigeria.
OFFICE/ ADMIN ASSISTANT
JS1 is recruiting for a office Assistant position, to be based in Abuja. The office assistant will be responsible for the following:
– Assumes the receptionist duties when the receptionist is not available. Answer, screen and direct incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence.
– Photocopies monthly financial vouchers in preparation for sending to JSI HQ.
– Prepare courier shipments, submits shipments to courier services.
– Maintains -the Petty cash float and ensures that petty cash expenses are properly documented.
– Maintains tile office store and procures office materials, coffee, tea, sugar and milk when required.
– Engages in bank related activities, cashes checks, deposits money, etc.
– Assists with clerical and administrative activities, such as organizing meetings, workshops, and trainings.
– Oversees the cleaning of the office, supervises the office cleaners and ensures that the office and its environs are well kept.
– Oversees the drivers and maintenance and service of the project vehicles.
– Engages in other administrative tasks as required by the Director of Finance.
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The office Admin Assistant will 1 work under the guidance of the Director Finance and Administration, who is his/her supervisor.
– Completed secondary school education.
– At least 2 years of relevant experience. Experience in an international organization or NGO will be an added advantage.
– Good verbal and written communications skills; good organizational skills.
– Ability to take initiative and work in groups.
– Serves as a team player and exhibits traits of courtesy, cooperation, respect, and customer service.
HOW TO APPLY
These are full-time position based in Abuja; Salary wlll be commensurate with experience and salary history. JSI offers excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume bye-mail to [email protected]
Salary requirement should be included with application. Be sure to write position applied for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Application Deadline is 3rd June 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android