John Snow Inc Job: Vacancy Recruitment for Public Health Logistics – Training Advisor
John Snow Inc. (JSf) is a US based international public health firm managing four (4) supply chain management-related projects – the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT, SCMS Project and two Global Fund projects through its integrated offices in Abuja Nigeria.
JSI is seeking to fill the following positions in the Abuja office to provide support for activities being implemented by JSI in Nigeria.
PUBLIC HEALTH LOGISTICS – TRAINING ADVISOR
Specific responsbilitis include, but are not Limited to, the following
• Design detailed logistics management training curricula (as well as assisting other technical staff in developing on-the-job training manuals/references) and training materials (job aids, exercises, worksheets, nip chart, handbook, computer graphics presentations, audio visual presentation, etc) appropriately targeted to specific jobs and management tiers.
• Work with project staff, govemment counterparts, and other stakeholders as appropriate to identify training sites, trainers, and participants.
• Prepare annual plans, training budgets and training implementation strategies.
• Conduct logistics management training and other performance improvement interventions.
• Communicate with the Director for Systems Strengthening and the Deputy Chief of Party and other Technical Advisors regarding activities for which the training advisor is the lead.
This is a full-time position based in Abuja, but will require up to 40% domestic travel
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Training Advisor will work under the guidance of the Director of Systems Strengthening and the Deputy Chief of Party.
Applicants for this position should possess at a minimum, the following qualifications:
• Four or more years experience in performance improvement and training program design and delivery mandatory.
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
• Thorough understanding of adult lcarning thcory
• Master’s demec in international adult education or related field desirable
• Experience providing technical assistance in the any areas of public health supply chain management highly desirable
HOW TO APPLY
These are full-time position based in Abuja; Salary wlll be commensurate with experience and salary history. JSI offers excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume bye-mail to [email protected].
Salary requirement should be included with application.
Be sure to write position applied for in the subject line of your e-mail.
Application Deadline is 3rd June 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android