International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA): Project Database Assistant (BSc/ HND) – Ibadan
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Nigeria is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
PROJECT DATABASE ASSISTANT (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among others:
- Manage the IITA overall Projects database;
- Assist Users solve problems encountered when using the Projects database;
- Liaise with MIS Unit to proffer solutions to problems;
- Uploading Concept Notes, Proposals, MoU(s), Agreements, Sub-contracts and related documents (financial and technical);
- Ensure that project deliverables and reporting periods are uploaded;
- Generate Donor-driven reports from Projects database;
- Assist in preparing reports and documents for BoT meetings etc.
- Interpret Project database information for the Contract & Grants Office staff when required;
- Respond to requests from Scientists;
- Perform any other assigned duties by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BSc/HND in Informatics, Statistics or Computer Science. Postgraduate degree and Professional qualifications are added advantage. At least three (3) years post-qualification relevant working experience is required.
He/She will also be required to have very strong oral and written communication skills especially in English languages and have excellent interpersonal skills. In addition, candidates must be highly computer literate using database software.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to specific duties of the position applied for. Application must include detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organisation or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior Officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to:
The Personnel Manager,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
15th December, 2010
Click here to read moreDownload Job Alerts App for Android