Imo Rural Roads Maintenance Agency (lRROMA) Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Managing Director
Imo State Government has recently embarked on a socio-economic agenda towards revitalizing the economy and restoring infrastructure in the State. The initiative focuses on transforming the State into a model with emphasis on industrialization and enterprise, provision of social infrastructure, respect for rule of law and order, tackling environmental issues and resuscitating key institutions. To help drive these initiatives, the State Government is seeking to recruit a competent, dynamic and committed individual to fill the position of a Managing Director, Imo Rural Roads Maintenance Agency (lRROMA).
IRROMA is an initiative aimed at opening up rural areas and linking all parts of the State, as plans to make Imo State a one city state. Reporting to the Agency’s Board, the successful candidate will have responsibility for providing strategic leadership and direction to the Agency. He/she will coordinate and monitor the construction and maintenance of all rural roads carried out by the various Local Governments of the State.
Managing Director Imo road maintenance Agency (IRROMA)
The candidate will:
• Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Agency.
• Develop and implement strategies for creation, management and sustainable maintenance of rural roads and infrastructural development within the State.
• Monitor and oversee the construction and maintenance of existing roads and infrastructure, with major focus on the rural areas in the State.
• Support the infrastructural needs for economic growth and development.
• Provide leadership and guidance to all projects, from conceptual phase through implementation.
• Ensure delivery of projects within the approved budget and time frame planned without compromising safety and quality.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A good first degree in Civil Engineering.
• Membership of relevant professional associations such as COREN and NSE
• Minimum of ten (10) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been at management level
• Experience in road construction and maintenance
• Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment management, as they relate to road mapping, planning and construction
• High ethical standards and level of integrity, strong leadership, analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
• High ethical standards and integrity
To apply, please quote the reference number ES00530 as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names), a statement of how you meet our selection criteria, and the names and contact details (including telephone, fax and e-mail) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities to us at [email protected] before 20th April 2010
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th April 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android