IITA, with Headquarters at Ibadan, is an International Agricultural Research Centre in the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), which is an association of about 50 countries, international and regional organizations, and private foundations. IITA seeks to increase agricultural production in a sustainable way in order to improve the nutritional status and well-being of people in tropical Sub-Saharan Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the following positions at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Fixed Asset Officer ( 2 years renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things
* Coordinate and supervise Fixed Assets Assistants;
* Reconcile Disposed assets with Oracle retired Assets;
* Run Oracle Fixed Assets module to close for the month;
* Prepare monthly Fixed Assets movement schedule;
* Reconcile Fixed Assets Module ( to General Ledger;
* Contact Stations to obtain and update Fixed Asset modules on assets acquired, disposed or transferred;
* Prepare all necessary Fixed Assets schedules for the purpose of Annual Audit;
* Act as Secretary to the Assets Disposal Committee and
* Carry out any other assigned bjobs by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
– BSc/HND accounting or ICAN PE II.
– 3 years post qualification experience in finance office of a large organization.
– Candidate must be friendly, honest and be hardworking.
– He/she must also have sound analytical mind and good knowledge of Computer Spreadsheet, Oracle applications (Fixed Assets module), be familiar with Fixed Assets policy, able to function in a multicultural environment and willing to put in extra hours.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, the
names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail
Addresses, if available), evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to
The Personnel Manager,
International institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Oyo Road, Ibadan,
Deadline: Not later than 4th May 2010.
This job vacancy and description can also be found on our website, www.iita.org
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated.Download Job Alerts App for Android
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.