International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Nigeria Job Vacancy: Careers Recruitment for Head of Travel Services and External Liaison, Ibadan
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) with headquarters in Ibadan, Nigeria invites applications for the post of Head of Travel Services and External Liaison, based at Lagos. IITA is a non-profit organization based in Africa. It works with national entities to increase food production in tropical Africa. We have over 100 international scientists and support staff and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
IITA seeks a dynamic, flexible, and an enthusiastic team player to join its team as the Head of Travel Services and External Liaison for IITA Nigeria. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the effective running of Travel services and maintaining a cordial relationship between the Institute and the Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The position reports to the manager of HOTCAT and Travel services.
* Coordinate all travel services functions including immigration, airline ticketing, visas, and passport services,
* Oversee the administration of the Guest house in Lagos
* Liaise with airlines and hotels in Lagos & Abuja to negotiate corporate incentives and discount.
* Oversee the financial accounts of the Guest house and Travel services.
* Liaise with the Foreign Affairs, Customs, Immigration Service and other government departments for statutory clearances, permits and approvals.
* Advise the senior management on Government rules and regulations related to the functioning of IITA as an international organization
Key professional competence:
* Knowledge of Travel related services and Travel industry is essential
* Excellent computer literacy
* Acquainted with use of on line Armadas & Galileo system on airlines ticketing /booking.
* At least 7 years experience in a similar post, preferably with an international company
* An excellent command of English. Some knowledge of French will be an advantage
* Excellent knowledge of the rules and regulations of the different government departments
* High level of communication, negotiation and excellent listening ability
* Good problem solving skills
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, General Business Management or Administration.
This is a national post and is open to Nigerian Nationals only. Initial appointment is for two years and may be renewed. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and would particularly welcome applications from women candidates.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested qualified national applicants should forward their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail addresses, if available) and scanned copies of credentials not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/cms/details/nrs_job_application.aspx
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: Not later than two weeks from the date of this publicationDownload Job Alerts App for Android