IITA Ibadan Recruiting for Project Documentation Assistant (BSc/ HND)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Nigeria is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION ASSISTANT (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things:
- Review and interpret new contract documents;
- Review legal and financial aspect of contract;
- Ensure that all project contracts with Donors and Partners are well interpreted and executed;
- Work in conjunction with the Project Database Assistant to ensure that project deliverables are uploaded in the Project Database;
- Liaise with Scientists to ensure that project reports are promptly received;
- Ensure that all technical reports are in the right format specified by the Donor;
- Forward reports to the Editors to edit and review edited reports;
- Submit technical reports to Donors;
- Liaise with Project Database Assistant to prepare reports and documents for BoT meetings, MTP, CGIAR , EPMRs and others as the need arises;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BSc/HND Agric-Economics, Business Administration or B.A. Law. Postgraduate degree and Professional qualifications are added advantage. At least six (6) years post-qualification relevant working experience is required.
He/She will also be required to have very strong oral and written communication skills especially in English languages and have excellent interpersonal skills. In addition, candidates must be highly computer literate using database software.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to specific duties of the position applied for. Application must include detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organisation or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior Officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to:
The Personnel Manager,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan, Nigeria.
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
15th December, 2010
Click here to read moreDownload Job Alerts App for Android